VIC Have You Seen It? You Yangs Yowie Saturday 6th October, 15km, 33km, 66km, 99km

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Entered

I'm in, though I'm only doing the 33km race.

I'm going to ride the trails starting at the rangers hut about 10am on Sunday, anyone interested?

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Tracks

Apart from a boggy patch about half way down Travs the tracks are all in excellent condition.

The changes made to Cressy are minor but could catch you out if you are not aware.

I hadn't ridden Travs for a while, I like the new rock paths around the boulders near the bottom.

Can't wait for race day.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
yowie Dirt Squirts.

Hey all ‘Dirt Squirts’,

Did you know the ‘You Yangs Yowie’ event is not just for adults to have fun on their mountain bikes ?

Specifically designed courses for Under 8, Under 11 and under 13 year old kids.
Run in conjunction with Geelong Mountain Bike Clubs famous
‘You Yangs Yowie’ event on Saturday the 6th of October.
Registration from 12.30 – 1 pm at the Duck Ponds School event centre near the main entrance.
Racing from 1.15pm nearby, shortly followed by prize presentations at the event centre for all kids entered !
CHEAP $5 race entry fee + $5 participation fee if you are not a MTBA member.
Register on the day !!

more info on www.gmbc.com.au and the FB page.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
You Yangs Today

I rode lots of the Yowie circuit today.

The muddy patch half way down Travs is now a full blown bog, and there are quite a few other mud patches. I got wet and muddy tyres and fell off at the rock garden at the bottom.
The steep bit of Vomit has a water cut groove right down the middle and there are many mud patches in the Plantation area.
All in all, when you finish a ride wet, muddy, bruised, bloody, and exhausted, you had a good day.

But hopefully this lovely sunny weather will dry things out over the next couple of weeks before the race.

ARE YOU ENTERED YET??????

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
The Mini Yowie

Are you travelling to the Yowie with the family , friends or first time Mt. Bikers?
In GMBC tradition we want everyone to enjoy MT BIking so here is the Mini Yowie.
Only 15km.

Would you like to get involved with the Yowie but can't manage the long distance/technical aspects?? How about just a 15km loop around the Kurrajong? Yes, you can be part of the fun that is the Yowie - you might even see the Yowie lurking in the trees! It's only $15 if you are an MTBA member (if you aren't you will need to purchase a permit or day licence - $5 juniors, $20 adults). Here's the course map and you can enter at Entryzoneor on the day. Registration for the 15km race closes at 10am and racing starts at 10.30am. Check out the info on the Yowie pages

And the Mini Mini Yowie.
And there will also be a Dirt Squirts event:
· Specifically designed courses for Under 8, Under 11 and under 13 year old kids.
· Registration from 12.30 – 1 pm at the Duck Ponds School event centre near the main entrance.
· Racing from 1.15pm nearby, shortly followed by prize presentations at the event centre for all kids entered !
· CHEAP $5 race entry fee + $5 participation fee if you are not a MTBA member.
· Register on the day !!
· Parents of U/8's welcome to ride the course with your Dirt Squirt.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
check out the track . last chance before race day

Join us for FNFR this Friday night for your last chance to check out the 'You Yangs Yowie' circuit before the big event !

Meeting at the You Yangs main entrance, Branch Rd Lara at 6pm for 6.30 ride start. Bring your lights and expect approx 2.5 hours of riding / socializing. Free for GMBC / MTBA members or $5 participation fee for newbies !

Please note - No FNFR on 5/10/12 before the Yowie.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
up lactic

The riders pack download says up Rockwall, the map shows up Lactic.

Can someone who knows please clarify???
oh great you read it.
some time we send out info and no one reads it then they email asking the question answered in the rider pack.

yes sorry about that UP Lactic, same as last year. Rockwell is not ridden in the Yowie

sossy

Saucier
Entries are rolling in, if you're hesitating, its time to stop that malarky and get entered. www.entryzone.com.au for your race entry.

You can be sure the GMBC crew have another cracking event lined up for you, a long with some seriously good prizes.

Going to be brilliant.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
more entries than last year . thanks

thanks Crew . entries have been smashing thru. It will be a fun day, thanks for all the entries. Still time if you want to join the fun.
thanks again Geelong Crew