Hayes Bleed kit....

wombat

Lives in a hole
I think I'm finally going to get my arse into gear and do the bleed that I've been meaning to do for ages, but I'm just trying to think of where I can get something to use as the master cyl. bleed attachment for a set of comps (same attachment as mags I think)? I know that I can order the bleed kit, but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea about something that I can pick up cheaper and use.

S.

ex offender
Ya, a piece of plastic pipe into an old can (ie drink can) held to the bars with rubber band does the trick. As long as one end of the pipe is submerged in the oil in the master cylinder, it'll work... in fact every shop I know of bleeds em like that :)

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
also drop in to the local hospital, and speak really nicely to the nurse in cas. ask for an irrigation syringe. it holds about 250ml, some of them as much as 500ml. has a standard sharps fitting, and is the best thing ever for reverse bleeding brake set ups.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Cheers guys, I figured jamming a hose in there would do the trick.

Lupine, do you find that reverse bleeding is much more effective?

Jordy

RYD4LF
i use a syringe with a little green connection onto a hose that fits straight over the knob thing on the caliper..... all this my mum borrowed from work (she's a nurse)

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just so you know: Dirt Works recommend not using syringes for bleeding Hayes - something to do with overfilling the system, which can make the seals blow.

Meh, I still use a large syringe to bleed 'em though.