hayes disc bleeding

ok i got a hayes disc bleeding kit, everything that u get in the pack. the instructions mean NuThinG 2 me. all i no about discs seriously! is that u pull the lever and its stops u quicker than cable discs do. does anyone no where i can get a picture guide on how to do it? or how to do it in english? not instruction language. thanks if u can help

Rik

logged out
Get a knowledgable person to do it in front of you. It's the only way to learn properly.

the exact same manual came with the kit...thats wat i call jibberish =P, n e 1 going to windsor n e day soon that knows how?

Rik

logged out
may b if hayz rote liek dis u culd undastand? I wil emale dem and asc if dey wil tranzl8 it 4 u.

wombat

Lives in a hole
ahahahaha. Seriously though dude, sit down and have a good look at the manual, with the pics and stuff you should be able to nut most stuff out.

Just remember the basic principles:

You want to get the air out of the brakes because air is bad, to do this you fill the lines and cylinders completely with fluid (fluid is good) and force all the air out.

Air bubbles will rise to the highest point in their environment, so what you basically want to do is bleed up (with this setup) so that all the air gets out and only fluid is left.

If you understand what I just said god help you.....but if you do go back and read the manual again, CAREFULLY, and figure out what they mean when they refer to each part. You'll be able to get it.

Rik

logged out
Tips:
Keep a big bottle of water handy, and make sure the bike is very secure when you're working on it.

S.

ex offender
The instructions are in plain English... if you can't understand them, no amount of text or pictures will be able to explain it.

Rik

logged out
I don't think you need an actual bleed kit, just get a few syringes, some hose of the right ID, and some dot fluid. Should cost $30 or so max.

man

Likes Dirt
if ur bike shop can do it on the spot watch them to see how they do it for next time... :lol:

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Sit your bike at 45degress so the handlebars are higher than the seat. Undo the lever clamps slightly and rotate brake so that the lever is pointing straight up and down. make sure the line is as straight as possible so no air can get trapped, cut out zip ties etc if required. Undo the screw on the brake lever, insert the hose end that comes with the bleed kit and tape and empty bottle somewhere to catch the fluid coming out, this stuff is bad for grass, your hands and everything else. Fill the supplied bottle with dot fluid, insert over nipple on the bottom, undo nipple and squeeze.

Thats the straight forward part. OK, now there a two options to get your brakes smick.

First is to use two people. Get one guy to push the bottle of fluid from below, when no air comes out get your mate to screw in the screw on the lever while keeping the pressure applied to the squeeze bottle. In this way you are pressuring the fluid inside the brake line so it feels more solid. You cant do this with one person as air comes back into the hose as soon as you let go of the bottle.

The one person solution is to use a big fat arse syringe which will keep the pressure applied while you do up the screw on the handle.

If you want real AWSOME braking, get some goodridge brake lines. I have been using them and they are sick!!!!!