Hayes Dominion brakes.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Is there much power difference from E4 to V4? The internet says it’s very minimal
No idea. There’s never too much brake so when I bought my hopes I just went straight for the V4.
Two of the pistons in each caliper are larger, otherwise they’re the same I’m pretty sure.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
No idea. There’s never too much brake so when I bought my hopes I just went straight for the V4.
Two of the pistons in each caliper are larger, otherwise they’re the same I’m pretty sure.
Two 16mm leading pistons and two 14mm whereas E4 is 14mm all round. Although Hopes website says E4 has 16mm all round wonder if a typo or silent update.

beeb

cheese-muffled mooo
Is there much power difference from E4 to V4? The internet says it’s very minimal
Outright stopping force feels about the same, but it feels like it comes on a little earlier has a bit more oomph in the mid lever pull - difference is not massive however.

I had E4's, upgraded the front caliper to a V4 as the E4's used to feel a bit undergunned on steeper/longer runs. V4 front felt better, but still keep the more progressive feel of Hope brakes compared to some of the more aggressive feeling brake setups (Shimano/Formula, etc...).

Oddjob

Wheel size expert
The V4s have a slightly bigger pad as well.

Sorry @Ultra Lord but my Saints/Formulas/ TRPs shit all over your V4s. And then we get these bad boys. Mwahaha

Anyway, nsmb gave the Dominions a good write up.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk