headshock mating to 1.5 headtube

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, had a deal fall through on my head shock and have decided to make a freak bike. Curious if all I need is a 1.5 headtube for it to slot in or is there liable to be any other issues to contend with, cheers limey

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Just tested an old monger frame and the fork seems to fit through the headtube with space to spare, please see photo. It's a 1 1/8 tube
IMG_20150714_142004.jpg
So would a 1.5 headset fit this. I am not real concerned about geo of the frame/fork, just want to build a weirdo bike for the sake of it and because I have all parts except headset and stem. Please don't hate me for considering this, personally I think it would look cool as. Please consider
IMG_20150714_141928.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
I know people put tapered and 1.5' forks in to replace headshock forks in cano frames, but I don't think the steerers on the cano take a regular 44mm headset. Might be wrong. I don't know if the headshock steerer is bang on 1.5".

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
I know people put tapered and 1.5' forks in to replace headshock forks in cano frames, but I don't think the steerers on the cano take a regular 44mm headset. Might be wrong. I don't know if the headshock steerer is bang on 1.5".
Damn, always a flaw in my plans, shall take some time to sus cannondale site for info, this phone only seems to work properly on roto and gummie

Handles

Likes Bikes
A standard 1.5" stem won't fit on a headshok - the stem internal diameter is too small, so I reckon that a standard 1.5" bearing wouldn't fit either.

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
A standard 1.5" stem won't fit on a headshok - the stem internal diameter is too small, so I reckon that a standard 1.5" bearing wouldn't fit either.
Cheers mate, thanks for that, saves me rooting around. Prepare for new thread with more genius ideas