Health/Fitness type forum?

notobe

Likes Dirt
Anyone ever thought of maybe adding a Health and Fitness type forum? Ive just recently started going to the gym and i thought it might be a good idea to talk to other people about it and stuff.

what yous reckon?

Jordy

RYD4LF
off topic is the place for that.... not a whole forum just a couple of threads would do... IMO

Rik

logged out
I think it's more a matter of having enough posts on a certain topic to justify such a forum.
On another site I was on, a health and fitness forum was created, and it became home to bodybuilding meatheads, I don't think we need that around here.

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
yeah, that'd be alright, but really, what u gonna talk about? everybody's fitness and health thingos are different for each person, and everyones got there own way of doing shit. maybe i'm a bit of a know-all, but there aint much to know about lifting heavy pieces of metal.

Rik

logged out
That's what I thought luckyphil, but these guys got into the science of it all, which sort of detracted from the enjoyment part of sports and fitness.
Ahh well...

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
so do i, and i'm not saying that everyone should/shouldnt, cause it aint for everyone. but all u need to know you can probly read in a mag in 10 minutes. or ask the personal trainer at the gym, they're usually happy to help.

besides that, what stuff do u guys usually use, and for what sports? i mainly use ergo's cause i row. i still reckon the best way to get fit for riding, is to ride, and to be a good rower row etc.....

but hey, i dont have any degrees, so feel free to prove me wrong.

bryn

Likes Dirt
i just do the fitness stuff mostly, a little muscle, cause i play soccer and just need the fitness.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Maybe the wrong sort of site for this subject though. Look at the average Farkiner age... look at the McDonalds mentality "often" (take note of the word OFTEN and don'e get insulted people) found in people that age...

... maybe try the odd thread or two in Off Topic and see what sort of response it gets. If it's real popular I'm sure the Admins would consider making it a forum topic.

Mason

Likes Dirt
I don't see why there should be a eating right forum, it would just be rants about fast food and power bars.