Heart rate Monitor

Looking for the best hr monitor I can get under $300. Even tho better I do not want a chest strap one, and it has to upload to strava, so maybe a watch.
Which one would be good ?
Was thinking Garmin forerunner 235 which I can get for round $250.
Thanks

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Check out the cycling and mtb buy swap sell groups on facebook. Lots of Garmin forerunners come up for sale within your budget.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
They are not super accurate on the wrist
Disagree. Wrist is heaps better than any chest strap I've had. In terms of accuracy probably does 99% which is more than what most people will need.

I've been through two mios (didn't realise ant plus and Bluetooth were two different things). Works a charm. Syncs easily with cycle computers of phones and you can get them with displays or without. Obviously you can go the whole hog and get the watches that also do gps but I prefer to use a bicycle computer. Mio alpha/fuse for a watch style display (About $150ish), mio velo for one without a display (around $100).

A problem with chest straps is also that the batteries are pretty much irreplaceable on many models.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Disagree. Wrist is heaps better than any chest strap I've had to. In terms of accuracy probably does 99% which is more than what most people will need.

I've been through two mios (didn't realise ant plus and Bluetooth were two different things). Works a charm. Syncs easily with cycle computers of phones and you can get them with displays or without. Obviously you can go the whole hog and get the watches that also do gps but I prefer to use a bicycle computer.

A problem with chest straps is also that the batteries are pretty much irreplaceable on many models.
I agree, but they are less accurate for HR and that was my point

Chest strap is a pain and more accurate, but I would never use one again

Wrist HR is very dependant on how tight you have the watch band

I love my Fenix 3 HR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Wrist HR is very dependant on how tight you have the watch band
I find that the circular watch face wrist HRMs have some issues with needing it really tight - probably due to the side of the watch face moving a bit. I haven't had any problems with the slimmer HRMs without a circular face. I don't have mine on that tight usually.

LOL love the image! Do you morse code tap a response? :p

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
chest straps can have issues (how you set them up/wear them, but tend to be more accurate than wrist ones...but it depends how accurate you want, if close enough is good enough.
I've had 5 different hrm straps over the years (20, although more like 8 actual hrms, but 5 were the same) and every one has had replaceable batteries. Which reminds me I have to replace a battery today.

Disagree. Wrist is heaps better than any chest strap I've had. In terms of accuracy probably does 99% which is more than what most people will need.

I've been through two mios (didn't realise ant plus and Bluetooth were two different things). Works a charm. Syncs easily with cycle computers of phones and you can get them with displays or without. Obviously you can go the whole hog and get the watches that also do gps but I prefer to use a bicycle computer. Mio alpha/fuse for a watch style display (About $150ish), mio velo for one without a display (around $100).

I use a Garmin edge 25 at the moment and the strap which shits me.
So what your saying is I can replace the strap with a mio and continue to use the Garmin and connect the mio to it instead of the strap.
Garmin has Bluetooth and ant+

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I use a Garmin edge 25 at the moment and the strap which shits me.
So what your saying is I can replace the strap with a mio and continue to use the Garmin and connect the mio to it instead of the strap.
Garmin has Bluetooth and ant+
I run my edge 25 with an Ant+ mio velo. The old Mio Alpha was BT and that didn't work for some reason wit hthe edge 25. I think the Edge 25 can't do multiple BT devices or something.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I can't stand having a chest strap heart rate monitor on...annoys me to the point of distraction. For the past 2 years, I've been using a Scorsche Rhythm + band, that you wear on your forearm. Accuracy is excellent and don't even notice it's there. Connects to my phone or pretty much any other device I use (ANT+). I bought mine from JBHiFi but doesn't seem to be for sale on their website anymore.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/Sport/scosche-rhythm-heart-rate-monitor/