Heffron Park, Maroubra Criteriums

Last summer I watched these short track races a couple of times and they look like a blast!

The racing looks pretty tough. Has anyone done this type of racing or got any comments regaring it?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Never been out to Heffron, I've been told it's quite tough.

I like racing crits and raced the last couple of summers at Waratah Park in Sutherland on Friday nights.

Also around Sydney Lidcombe-Auburn (and Waratah Masters if you're old) race occassionally at the Tennis Centre at Homebush on weekends and Northern Sydney host the imfamous Beauie Worlds at Beaumont Road Mt Kuringai. No doubt some one will be allong with more, you can race crits everyday of the week in summer if you're keen.

ducan

Likes Dirt
Justin - What lap times where you guys doing ? (racing averages 3mins)

Slow - Heffron is bit more of a windy cyclocross race. Heaps of fun though with some sweet corners... a/b grade normally gets a pretty good turn out.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love Heffron!

I first started racing there in 1984, and the surface hasn't changed since.

From the "squircle" to the two climbs over the "pimples" then the hairpin that if you take the right line you can a bit of air while cornering and climbing it has great variety. A nice long straight for the sprints, lots of corners, twisting back section.

Racing there can be fast and tough with all the corners and the wind that crosses the course.

I miss Heffron:(