Hello from California!! Newbie to the forum.

West Covina ha, at least you are close to the mountains - just a bit too close to L.A. though for my liking :doh: Love the States though. A great place full of mostly really friendly people who bend over backwards to help you and make you feel welcome.

The size of L.A. gets me, you fly into it from the East Coast and you are flying over the urban area for 20 minutes before you land at LAX :plane:

I'd hate to have to drive into it, some of those freeways are so wide I'd get lost just changing lanes, let alone some of the peak hour jams, they are just HUGE :car:

Good to see somebody older than me still bashing away at it as well - us old guys rule! Enjoy yourself here, but you'll probably think we talk funny though haha
Hey LJG thanks for the welcome and everyone else also. Glad you had a good experience here in LA. It's
gotten just plain crazy here in the last 10 years, seems like they hit and run on cyclists at least once a
week now. You have ride like everyone is out to get you, very sad! It doesn't stop me though.
On a better subject you guys are the "Bomb". About 15 years ago we rented what we call a
Telecommunications cage to a couple of you guys and we just enjoyed the hell out of talking with you
both.Great great people!!
So the reason for posting is about 10 years ago I bought this Diamondback frame off the internet for
$60 and built it up with left over components. The frame is a little small for me but got use to it and
have put many miles on it. The thing I liked about it was the CNC machined link between the bottom
bracket and the chain stays. I haven't had any luck here on the forums or net finding out what year
and model it is. Reading your forum blows me away with the knowledge you guys possess. Hopefully
you fellas can help me out. Sorry about the poor quality on the Pics.

Attachments

L4M3GM4M3R, the result from building many road,mtn,freeride and singlespeed bikes, and I'm still addicted at 70 years old!!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hahaha, what a great thread. It's awesome to see our seasoned members jumping in and welcoming a new dude to the site and equally, it's awesome to see a new dude to the site who will be able to put some of the less seasoned members in their place. ;)
Welcome aboard pops2ride, enjoy the forums. :thumb:

natskis

Likes Bikes
Don't know if you smeared the lens with Vaseline pops2ride, but you got some old fashioned Days of our Lives Dramatic smudging on those photos that make the bike look even cooler and more vintage! :thumb: