Helmet suggestions?

Delazy

Got a new bike!
my fox metah arrived today...

definitely an ugly duckling when it comes to look...but its far far more comfortable and protective than my flux...

will give it a chance rather than be a sheep and buy a bell super

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Anyone tried a Giant Rail? Wouldn't have thought giant for helmets but seems to get great reviews.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Just got a MET Parrabellum to replace my 6yr old Met Kaos, not sure on weight but's it not heavy, a lot more coverage than my old lid and looks good too. Low stock in Aus at the moment as looks like the new Lupo will replace it. If it fits, looks to be a great helmet, not ridden in it yet!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Anyone tried a Giant Rail? Wouldn't have thought giant for helmets but seems to get great reviews.

I was thinking about one but went for a cheap Limar instead. Spent the $100 difference on a new jersey and shorts :)

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty happy with my giro feature mips. For a sub $150 helmet with mips I dont reckon you can go wrong. Fits better than my Bell Super that some rat crackhead stole out of my car.

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Yeah being in QLD often fair amount of 30deg + riding at least. Everyone says it's pretty hot helmet. But great price for the MIPS hey.

hakka

Likes Dirt

Yep, great airflow but i found on climbs or slow technical sections it would dump a shitload of sweat in my eyes due to the lack of a pad across the brow.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

I'm about to step into the shop to buy one. Very comfortable and a secure place to stick the GoPro too!

ethanhubbard

Cannon Fodder
tld

There is a new tld helmet out soon with mips (multi-directional impact system) in awesome colours. with the mips looks like it will be quite safe too.

After seeing the bell MIPS super helmets recently, I have to suggest them. I found the large I tried on to be seriously comfortable, and the ability to have that full-face piece, as much as it isn't as good as having a serious full face, is still good for AM because you can leave it off on the way up, and chuck it on when you are going down.

Plus, some of the colour schemes look awesome. Especially the red/black.

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
I had a Bell Super for a year and then swapped out to a Specialized Ambush after a big crash.

I like the Ambush better by a long shot. 25% lighter, better straps, cooler temps and looks way better IMO.

dtb

Squid
I recently bought a Bell Super 2 and have been really happy with it.

I was keen on getting the MIPS version. The shop didn't have the MIPS in my size so I tried the non MIPS and found it very comfortable and they ordered in the MIPS. I found the MIPS version to be slightly smaller and not a good fit for my head, it seemed to have a couple of mm of extra padding in one particular spot. The next size up was too big so had to go with the non MIPS.

SDA

Likes Dirt
check out the Scott Stego with (MIPS) super comfy, won helmet test in UK , best trail helmet, they tested 17 helmets and won
+1 The Scott Mythic (non MIPS) is a great helmet - it had the best fit and feel out of all the available AM helmets at the time I was looking.