helmet

riderigid

Likes Dirt
by decent price i meant around that, just not 200+ or something ridiculous. are the 661 helmets any good? (the DJ ones)

josh_lives_here

Likes Dirt
ive got some pryme8 helmet.......there really cheap and Aussie safety standard approved(i read in a magazine)
good if looks arn't everything to you

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i've got one of the 661 dirt lids and i wouldn't get another one, they're too hot in summer and they're really heavy, i'm just gonna go back to an xc helmet.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd go the pro-tec ACE, will cost about $100 but it is the most comfortable helmet i've owned, looks good and is reasonably well ventilated too.

If that is above your budget, i'm unsure of wat to reccomend as this is the only helmet i've used.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i got one of the pryme helmets to, they are decent it has saved me on a few occasion. I love mine as it is the coolest colour (candy red with metalflake :p )they come in a range of colours including red, black, olive and chrome and cost around $58

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
pro tec are sick helmets, i got my potty lid and have had it for years, its got nice soft padding inside and is comfy as, problem is i dont think my model passes australian bike standards, only skate ones so it cant be used for 4x

spuddy

Likes Dirt
josh_lives_here said:
ive got some pryme8 helmet.......there really cheap and Aussie safety standard approved(i read in a magazine)
good if looks arn't everything to you
I'll second this. Comfy fitting and AS approved (AS sticker inside the lid). $45 from BSC Melb.

riderigid

Likes Dirt
i have now narrowed my selection down to two. the 661 mullet or the protec. whereabouts in canberry could i get myself one of them though?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Are you guys using the Pro-tec skate model or the BMX one? As far as my understanding is, the local importer doesn't have, and won't have for a while, any stocks of the BMX model. I'd be very wary about getting the skate version too, especially if you want to use it on the trails and other higher speed stuff.