HELP - BB71, will my FC-M985 XTR cranks fit??

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
So i've bought a new Anthem x29 o which runs the XT crankset. This new bike is replacing my Yeti ASR which doesnt have a press fit bottom bracket and on which i am running fair new (read only 2 months) XTR FC-M985 cranks on. If i take my XTR cranks off the Yeti are they going to be compatible with the BB71? Is the width of the crank axle going to be right and diameter etc??

This might be a stupid question to some but i just cant find enough info googling, and considering the XTR crank comes with threaded BB cubs and i cant find a press fit specific XR crankset i am assuming it will fit.

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
So i've bought a new Anthem x29 o which runs the XT crankset. This new bike is replacing my Yeti ASR which doesnt have a press fit bottom bracket and on which i am running fair new (read only 2 months) XTR FC-M985 cranks on. If i take my XTR cranks off the Yeti are they going to be compatible with the BB71? Is the width of the crank axle going to be right and diameter etc??

This might be a stupid question to some but i just cant find enough info googling, and considering the XTR crank comes with threaded BB cubs and i cant find a press fit specific XR crankset i am assuming it will fit.
yes, it will.
All Shimano cranksets are compatible with the press fit. Maybe except downhill saint cranks.
I fitted standard SLX onto my press fit giant trance 2011

lukestokes2004

Cannon Fodder
so confused with press fit

yes, it will.
All Shimano cranksets are compatible with the press fit. Maybe except downhill saint cranks.
I fitted standard SLX onto my press fit giant trance 2011
Hey mate, sorry to hijack your thread but im also confused about the press fit BB, the cup size is apparently bigger than anything in production, like 89mm or something, im really confused as to how things work, u say shimano cranks will, i.e i have hollowtech 2 xt cranks with a 68mm cup, does that mean the diameter of the actual axle will fit the press fit cavity and the outside of the press fit is thi sizeable part? if this is the case any info will help me a lot, also how do you go about fitting a crankset that is totally different to shimano or is it not possible with a giant reign? is that frame restricted completely to the shimano size, any details would help me massively

thank you!!!

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Take the old shimano crank set out. put the new XTR in. It will fit. The diameter of the hole is the same. the width of the Press Fit BB is the same lenth or width of a external XT, XTR & whatever shimano BB is. what is different is the frame. The frame is the same with as the total with of the external BB......clear as mud?

but thats all irrelevant it just fits.