Help! - converting Mavic Crossmax ST front from 9mm to 15mm

railit1

Likes Bikes
Hi all
I recently purchased a new set of Crossmax STs, which have been excellent for the few months I've had them. I am currently running the front as 9mm quick release (which is how they arrived), but now looking at purchasing a 15mm axle fork. Apparently the front hub is 9/15mm convertible - but how do you do it!? There's nothing that i could find in the instruction manual or on the Mavic website that gives any direction. Anyone got any clues? Trying hard not to just tackle them with a screwdriver...................

0psi

Eats Squid
Just pull the end caps off, easy as that. Sometimes they can be a bit tight as they are held in with an o-ring, if so just grab the axle stubs with a pair of pliers and pull.

Landon

Likes Dirt
Crossmax ST 15mm

If your front wheel is at least a 2009 model, you will be able to push the 9mm adaptors out from the inside. Try using the front skewer on a slight angle with a tap from a rubber hammer. The adaptors should pop out allowing you to install a 15mm axle. You won't mark the adaptors this way.

0psi

Eats Squid
... and then put in the 15mm adaptors.

- Joel
Just to clarify, there are no 15mm adaptors, only 9mm adaptors/endcaps. Put the adaptors in and you have 9mm QR (Which is how they come), take them out and you have 15mm through axle.