Help for the downhill race may 6th.

Looking for a volunteer whose name and contact details I can put on the bottom of the attached note I letter box drop around the Harvey Street neighbourhood at race time each year. I figure it's time someone else was given a chance to soak up some of the positive community feedback we attract each year.

Don't hold back (Id like to get them delivered over the weekend or early next week) and please feel free to make changes to the draft.

cheers

Attachments

jock

Likes Dirt
Urgent: Still Need Drivers

Hey guys

Just another shout out for drivers. We are still in need in of 2 drivers for 3T trucks and another 2 for 6T trucks (MR licence).

If you think you can help or know someone that can help please get back to me. Email me on jockfarrington@hotmail.com or phone on 0431 977 310.

This is starting to become urgent as without drivers the race simply won't run and there is only around 2 weeks until it is on.

Thanks,
Jock

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
Looking for a volunteer whose name and contact details I can put on the bottom of the attached note I letter box drop around the Harvey Street neighbourhood at race time each year. I figure it's time someone else was given a chance to soak up some of the positive community feedback we attract each year.

Don't hold back (Id like to get them delivered over the weekend or early next week) and please feel free to make changes to the draft.

cheers
I can do the letter if you like mark.

jock

Likes Dirt
I believe the letter has been put out. Ryan's name was on it.

Thanks for the offer though Huthy.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Hi All,
What time do you need me down there on Sunday?

Is it going to be canteen or timing for me?

I assume it will be canteen, since I have not yet had any training -- unless
there are options with regard to this?

Kind regards

Matt

mtb_ts

Likes Bikes
I can drive the 9T as I have a heavy rigid licence, and have done volunteer other jobs at races everywhere down south. The catch is I'm at Sydney & if you're still stuck, have to come up with some way to get me to BNE out to the race for the weekend & home afterward. If this could be a goer, you'll have to message me urgently, so it can be sorted.

jock

Likes Dirt
Hi Matt and mtb_ts

@ mtb_ts
Thanks for the offer but I think we have locked in all drivers now. Would've been a massive effort coming from Sydney!

If there's anything else just contact me back.

@ Matt
As long as you're there a suitable amount of time before lunch (maybe 10.30-11) it will be fine as the rush in the canteen will begin around 11.30-12. As for the timing I'm unsure who's looking after so we might actually need some more helpers. If that's the case then I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction once you get to the bottom of the track.

Regards,
Jock

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
What time is everyone showing up to start setting up?

I'll be there all day but would like to see some riding in the afternoon.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks and congratulations Toowoomba Riders

Wow!! What a massive day by all of the volunteers and what a great outcome for all of the Toowoomba riders who podiumed. I can't believe the talent that Toowoomba has in Mountain biking especially in the young guys coming through.
Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped yesterday and those who donated their time leading into the event. Jiel, Jock and Mark Farrington did a great job getting everything ready for the race. On the day special mention goes to the lads and ladies working in the registraiton and canteen most of the day. Aiden and Rusell, Milly and Dain, Grace and Ally thanks for your help. A massive thanks to the drivers who had a hard boring job all day including Jason, Steve and Erren from our club. Thanks guys. Also thanks to Brendon case for doing the parking. Thanks to the timing lads up top Matt and Braden and a special mention should go to Zach and Milly for doing the timing. It's great that the club is finally utilising it's timing gear. You did a ripper job guys for what I reckon is the hardest job. If I have forgotten anyone I appologise

Motawat

Likes Bikes
Downhill Pics

As suspected I was only able to get out to the race for the last hour - sorry that I couldn't volunteer for anything.

I did manage however to get pics (which are a bit amateurish) of most riders sweeping past SES checkpoint 3 ( including a couple of spectacular ground kisses).

If any riders in the last hour were interested in any pics, I am happy to email them if you can provide rider number and / or bike colour and/ or rider colours.

Just send me a pm with your email address.

From the little I saw it looked like a great day.

Cheers

Richard