Help getting into downhill racing?

ale_xan_der

Likes Bikes
Hey all

I have just brought a second hand downhill bike and would like to start
getting into racing but kind of don't know where to start? I am located on the Mid North Coast, NSW. I think my closest club is HMBA should i start there?

Also I would like to know how it all works, how to get into racing state and national etc downhill?

Thanks,

- Alex :)

evil_duffman

Likes Dirt
First off that's a great idea, Downhill racing makes you lift your game and love riding at a whole new level.

Most riders at the clubs are friendly and happy to help and get you sorted, just rock up and start chatting to people and you'll be fine (chances are you'll find someone in the same boat as you)

Take whatever spare parts you have and some tools because the tracks can take a toll on your bike and there's nothing worse than missing a heap of runs over something like a tube/tire blowout or at worst derailluer, shifter, chain, brake or wheel. whatever you have spare may help.

Remember to keep up the food & water for the day to give you energy.

Racing wise,
It can be nerve wrecking to sit at the top of the hill until your run which seems to take forever.
Just use the time to get to know the other guys/girls(if your lucky) and think about how much fun it's going to be when you nail every section you've been practicing all weekend :D

Stick with it and you'll soon have a great crew of friends to push to the limits with every weekend.