Help ID old Ti frame

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I picked up this 26er SS Ti frame the other day for a steal for a commuter build, but now am considering building it up as a mint semi vintage XC bike.

I would like to work out what it is, it has no serial numbers so i have some pics of some of its distinguishing features,

Anyone have any ideas on what this is/who made it?

Attachments

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you know roughly how old it is? Might be worth posting it on retrobike for a better response but I think a lot of Ti bikes from the 90's were pretty much straight out of the sandvik catalog. My old boss in Vancouver was the manager of Cove bikes in its heyday and has 2 or 3 original hummers, including the only hummer soft tail in existence. They were all sandvik made...

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you know roughly how old it is? Might be worth posting it on retrobike for a better response but I think a lot of Ti bikes from the 90's were pretty much straight out of the sandvik catalog. My old boss in Vancouver was the manager of Cove bikes in its heyday and has 2 or 3 original hummers, including the only hummer soft tail in existence. They were all sandvik made...
Or made for Sandvik by TST, Titanium Sports Technology. I think they're called something else these days, Ti lite maybe. They did ti frames for a bunch of the majors at the time.

No serial numbers at all?

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought Dean outsourced until recently/mid 2000s as well, and had serial numbers ;)

Lack of a serial number can also indicate a test bike.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think it might be xacd. It isn't in their current lineup but google images shows same/similar frames with relieved headtubes.