NSW Help improve Manna Park, Merimbula NSW

G'day
If you have any feedback on what you like, don't like or would like at Manna Park XC track, please feel free to post a comment here or directly to me at: tony@mannapark.com.au
Full credit for track design goes to Jake Iskoff at Tathra Beach and Bike, who has done a fantastic job. We continue to work on small improvements; more "A lines", improving track flow, and are about to construct a new short course. My insistence is that we stick in an awesome jump, as I'd love to see some aerial action. The track will be open and in use at the race weekend, March 6th and7th, 2010.

Feedback received from riders last week was that the start/finish was confusing. It's fine if you want to go onto Mandeni and do the full 15+ km loop, but for those doing just the 6.5km Manna Park loop there's a section with no directional signs.
I've resolved the issue by opening a section of fire-trail near the front gate, and will be installing the new signs this week. Hope you like it guys!
Cheers
Tony Hastings
Resident Naturalist at Manna Park
http://www.mannapark.com.au

liambarr

Likes Bikes
I would like to say more of the same in Mannapark would be awesome. I rode it last week while on holidays and was very impressed with whats there, some of the A lines you have setup already are unreal, and being rocky it can add technical difficulty to it. Yes some more in trail jumps would be good, there seemed to be a lot more on the mandeni side of the loop.

Well done, and recommend anyone have a ride up there if they are in town.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No improvement feedback, but I'd like to thank you for building the trails. I rode them about a month ago (I was the bloke in the black Liberty wagon) & had a blast - flowing, fun, I'll be back.

The Short Course

Thanks for that ^
Think you'll like "the Goat Track" new A-line near Hammock Hilton; just finishing off the tail, should be open soon.
Here's a preview of the new short course:
short course promo.jpg

Cleared a couple of fallen trees today.
One had been made into a 'jump feature' at Mandeni, near Stone House Cafe, but frankly it was crap. Back to nice flat trail now.
The other was near Bridge 4 on the MP Loop, where riders have been detouring around it. While there I modified a couple of corners where the skidmarks showed a problem with the line. Should be better now.
Updated page on the "Manna Park Mission", march 6,7 at:
http://www.mannapark.com.au/mtb.html

tim_d

Likes Dirt
How does it compare to the Bermi Dirt Surfers Loop? Might have to come down and check it out soon.

Hey guys Ive ridden here before and thought it was good, an awesome training ground and a bit of fun i think you need to build a proper downhill track that is double black diamond with a more intermediate dh track for beginners and progressive riders and if you have a bobcat and some time why not build a few sets of dirt jumps like a small pack and a big pack. Ive ridden up at Merimbula before and know that thats the only thing it lacks, a good set of dirt jumps. The 16km XC loop is great didnt really get bored with it and the little freeride area could use some bigger stuff but other than that its really good to see you guys are always looking for new ideas.

Good Luck.

Warwick

Likes Dirt
Spent the last few weeks at Merimbula/Tathra and alternated between the Poo Ponds, water tank and Manna Park/Mandeni trails for the daily rides. All pretty good trails and hardly used by anyone it seems. Manna park by itself is excellent, but only good for 25 minutes per lap. But when you include the Mandeni section, taking the full loop to almost 18 k's; doing two laps became a really nice workout. The only downsides are the annoying tree ferns that make the arms itchy!
Manna park is a really nicely designed bit of track, and the rocky climb/gully descent is really fun, though very very hard on tyres. Thanks guys for building it. Make sure you pop into Mandeni though and pay your 5 dollars, cos it's on private property. It's money well spent.

-iRideBikes-

Likes Bikes
Amen to that. You can't beat the Bermi/Tathra/Manna Park trio for coastal riding. Makes for a pretty sweet weekend getaway:D