Help me choose an AM wheelset

bv500

Likes Bikes
Ok guys I need your help choosing a new wheelset. My ride is a 2010 Reign 0, Mavic EN521 with Kenda Nevegal's atm. I've just ordered some Hans Dampfs to replace the Nevs but was wondering whether I should upgrade my wheels as well. I mostly ride Daisy Hill (coz it just around the corner) and Nerang, and want to hit Mt Joice soon. What would be my best bang for buck?

ADD

Likes Dirt
Seriously you need to use the search function. So many AM wheel threads.

My opinion just grab some XT m788 wheels. Best BFB upgrade I did to my 2010 reign 0. I've also got Hans dampfs.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
EN521's on hope evo's!

Why do you want to upgrade the wheels - save some weight? tubeless? stronger? the old ones rooted? they are too plain?

Been running en521's for the last 18 months, great rims, strength to weight is good, with a good width for AM riding.

bv500

Likes Bikes
No theres nothing wrong with the EN521, this is just the next upgrade I'd do if it considerably better than what I have got atm . I have never upgraded wheels so I can't really say from experience what to expect so thats why I put it out there. I guesse I would like to give tubeless a go but that would not be my sole decider, and I guess we always try to make our bike look better.

bv500

Likes Bikes
Point taken ADD. Did you just add the Stans to your wheels and all good after that? Somehow it all seems pretty messy using the stans and hoping that they all seal up. Full UST seams the way to go. I saw the Easton Haven's which are full UST but they dont make a 135mm x 9mm rear.

ADD

Likes Dirt
Yeah just added Stan's to the xt's which are full UST. Actually used a floor pump first time around (just pumped really fast). Couldn't be bothered converting the mavic rims. Have never had a flat since.