Help me find an angleset headset

Jaredp

Likes Dirt

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Crankin sell/distribute Works Components Angle-Sets. They're non adjustable, but reliable/quiet.
Does your frame have inbuilt cups that the bearings drop into? Or normal 1.5 headtube(ZS49) Tapered steerer right? Your limited in how much you can change the angle, probably only 1-1.5 degrees max. 2 with 1 1/8th steerer tube fork and/or external rather than internal bearing cups.

Last edited:

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
I am looking to come back 1 degree. The enduro 26" is 66 degree but the 29" is 67 degrees. Just for an experiment I want to go to 66 and see what happens.

When I road a 26 earlier in the year I felt behind the wheel in berms but I feel a little above the wheel on this bike. I reckon seeing as the top tube length is the same I reckon there is a little I can play with here.

I had a look at the price of the CC and thought... Shit that's an expensive experiment.

No Skid Marks

I am looking to come back 1 degree. The enduro 26" is 66 degree but the 29" is 67 degrees. Just for an experiment I want to go to 66 and see what happens.

When I road a 26 earlier in the year I felt behind the wheel in berms but I feel a little above the wheel on this bike. I reckon seeing as the top tube length is the same I reckon there is a little I can play with here.

I had a look at the price of the CC and thought... Shit that's an expensive experiment.
If it's just an experiment, just put more air pressure in your forks and see how it handles.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
If it's just an experiment, just put more air pressure in your forks and see how it handles.
Wouldn't that just make it ride higher at the front though.

I took some pics of the headset to see if this makes a little more sense.

I measured the ID of the metal race. It measured 42mm and 46mm to the edge of carbon.

52mm here and 56mm to the frame.

166mm steerer.

No Skid Marks

More pressure will make fork higher yes.Angleset will make fork a touch lower. But regardless. More pressure in fork will at least give you a rough idea of how bike will steer.
Pretty sure you'll need a custom one made for the top. Works Components will probably do it.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
More pressure will make fork higher yes.Angleset will make fork a touch lower. But regardless. More pressure in fork will at least give you a rough idea of how bike will steer.
Pretty sure you'll need a custom one made for the top. Works Components will probably do it.
See, your selling this idea to me more and more :evil:

Lower front end and a slacker HA.... This is sounding better and better.
:evil::evil:

The "custom made" bit... This is sounding expensive.

No Skid Marks

See, your selling this idea to me more and more :evil:

Lower front end and a slacker HA.... This is sounding better and better.
:evil::evil:

The "custom made" bit... This is sounding expensive.
It's only a negligible amount lower.
Wouldn't cost much more if any if they'll do it. Might take some time though.

brendonj

Likes Dirt

We're the stem and bars the same?