Help me out here, My Da Bomb XLR8

G

Hey all, I have been considering my options and I have decided its probably time to sell the good old hardtail and invest in a dual. I know im a pussy but riding the hardtail is giving me some back problems that are affecting me in everyday life. Now, before you say it this is not a for sale thread. I'm a mod so if it needs to go I can do it, just give me the word authority.

Ok,
The Bike

The fork

Wheel
(looks cool) :D

The Build Spec
Frame - Da Bomb XLR8 - 16 inch
Fork - 03 Marzocchi Dirtjumper 1 qr20 (2 rides old)
Wheelset - Atomic Labrotories Trail pimps (f and r) laced to a funn rear hub and a forumla 20mm through hub on the front by dt swiss spokes with an xt cassette. (rims are brand new aswell as the spokes no more than 2 rides old)
Chainguide - Aerial Industries DS 38 tooth
Brakes - Hayes HMX-1 with avid speed dial 5 levers
Cranks - Truvativ Husselfelt :oops:
Shifters - LX (smashed)
Rear Mech - LX
Pedals - Free agent dirt jump
Bars and Stem - Article (stock on merida thrashers)
Grips - Oury black and orange

How much do you think I could sell the complete bike for? I know ive asked this before but i never got a straight answer and its been upgraded since then

Thanks
Liam

junior

get out of my grill
sorry this has nufin to do wit the topic but i just have to say the free agent pedals are AWSOME.
i had em until they broke :cry:

Karnage

Likes Dirt
Hey liam

justin ere yeh i think u could get 2000+ depending on how good u can sell. I know alot of these parts are brand new so its a good bike if u have the $$$.

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
liam i reacon you could prolly get like 2200 or something around that, that is a shit hot bike and especially with all those new parts, god i wish i had that kind of money (and the frame was smaller), i mean shit that has to have over 3k put into it, too bad it has to go, well good luck in selling it!

G

I lost count of how much money went into it if it was a smaller size i would be keeping her.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey liam i thought every thing was half prie in W.A? so maybe 800 buck?

(forgetting i have too much time on my hands fuzzy?)

G

you getting completly ripped buying a car has nothing to do with my bike

so if you dont mind shutting up itd be most obliged

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as you well know bikes loose value like that *slaps shmity*.
How much money have you put into it because, realisticaly, i doubt you'll get much more than half.

G

Simo said:
as you well know bikes loose value like that *slaps shmity*.
How much money have you put into it because, realisticaly, i doubt you'll get much more than half.
ive put over 3k into my bike

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
looks very nice fuz, seatpost angle is like... wow... if i wanted a bike of that type id give you $1800. :wink:

nhd

Likes Dirt
oz-freerider said:
[fuzzy]seriously shut up[/fuzzy]
personal issues resulting in censorship is a clear violation of the Australian code of morals and ethics Volume III.

Grix

Likes Dirt
Hey, Ive got a CR8 which is also for sale and im asking $1,000. Maybe that is to much as ive had next to no interests in it. The parts are no near as good quality as yours. What do you think is a reasonable price, for a CR8?

I know its off the topic but thought it was a better place than any to ask :lol:

bazza

look at me
cant you sell as 'frame only' if its too big for you?? but as a complete bike like 2g + should be fair! its pretty bloodyyyy awesome.

Chieftain

Likes Bikes
What kinda dual ya looking for? If it's something along the lines of a 4by or a Stinky, i'd keep the parts and sell the frame. You got a pretty nice spec there that would fit nicely on a 4-5" dually.

Plus, sometimes it's easier to sell frame-only as some guys are also looking to just dump their old parts on till they can upgrade.

good luck selling~
:D

grovesy

Likes Dirt
What Chieftain said seems to make sense Liam.
I would guess between $1500 and $1800.
I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult to sell quality bikes here, as mtbing isn't as popular as in other states or countries.
Have you thought about approaching your favourite LBS and asking if they'll sell it on consignment for you?

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know this isn't a for sale thread so Im not asking to buy anything but those rims could fit on my Stuff and my rims can go on your bike plus something for the trouble :wink:, not that your selling anything though, and I'm not asking either.....

G

*arches back*
YOU WANT THE RIMS YOU BUY THE BIKE! :lol:
sexual huh?