Help me out with my survey - Indoor MTB park in Melbourne?

Pump House

Likes Bikes
Hey everyone,

We are currently investigating the feasibility of setting up an indoor MTB park somewhere in metro Melbourne. The inspiration is coming from Ray's Indoor MTB Park in Ohio, so if you've seen it, or heard of it you'll know what we have in mind. If you haven't seen it, check it out here.

We realise that Melbourne already has Rampfest, and we're not trying to rip off their market, what we plan to offer is a more MTB oriented facility, with dirt, and foam and all the things MTB riders want... Along with some nice smooth plywood.

What we need from you Rotorburners is five minutes of your time, to help us out with a little survey. If you do, you'll go into the draw for a $50 gift voucher at BSC bikes.

So, click here, fill out some questions and we'll hopefully see you soon at The Pump House.

Pump House

Likes Bikes
We've had a few people already fill out the survey, but not many are leaving details to win the gift voucher. We're not trying to get your details to spam you, or stalk you... we just want to reward you for helping us out.

But hey, if you don't want free stuff, that's your loss.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good work guys, filled out the survey, good luck with getting everything up and running!!

Staunch

Eats Squid
Filled in the survey, sounds like a fantastic idea, can't wait to ride it if you get it up n running :)

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
I just did the survey, this is a great idea, what are the chances of it actually happening though? just wondering because it would be awesome as if it happened!

Pump House

Likes Bikes
We're pretty keen to get this going, we need as many people to fill out the survey as we can though.

More answers = Better chance of us securing funding and getting it right first time.

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
Filled out the survey.
This sounds awesome, can't wait to ride it "when" it gets built (think positive:p).
Great idea.

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
Yeah this sounds fantastic, if it goes ahead I will go there for sure....as long as its not just park orientated. I also did the survey and the competition section. Have you guys brought a place for this yet?

Pump House

Likes Bikes
It's not as simple as buying/leasing a place and then going for it.

The survey will give us an indication of where people live, and how far they are willing to travel, this will dictate where we can look to set up.

The number of people who fill in the survey, combined with the amount they say they would pay, and how frequently they would come, helps us decide what our budget will be.

It's not the sort of project that will spring up in the next few months, if i'm going to risk everything I own in order to start up a business, I want to be sure it will work.

Pump House

Likes Bikes
That does look awesome, and there are a lot of things in there that i'd love to include. But that uses a pretty huge area, and has quite a lot of fall in the ground.

An indoor park is always going to be limited vertically, how limited? We won't know til we find a venue.

I really like the rock features though.

Pump House

Likes Bikes
The feedback from the survey is looking good, especially the suggestions.

Apparently we need more cowbell... ;)

Keep passing this out to your mates too, we need as many people to fill it out as we can... As I said before, more data = better chance we can get this project off the ground.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
right seriously guys google 'esher shore'. its a facility near where is used to live in the UK. Its not indoors but it shows what you can get done in a very small space

Good Luck!

Pump House

Likes Bikes
Just a reminder people... There is a $50 gift voucher up for grabs! So get in and fill out the survey.

We've had a lot of great suggestions, so keep them coming.