help me upgrade

boads 250

Likes Dirt
hey guys i was just looking for some help on what parts i should get to upgrade my bike. at this stage i am getting some leaf cycles bondage bars in 3.25, a blk mrkt underboss stem. what do you guys think i should get next. and also i was going to go a black and crome/silver colour scheme so any help would be great thanks

Frame - 2008 norco 250
Front forks -rigids
Handlebars -funn
Stem - funn
Headset - fsa impact intergrated
Grips - stock
Saddle - stock norco pivitol seat
Seatpost - Norco Pivotal 25.4 alloy post
Rear brake - avid bb5
Cranks - stock
Chain - gold one
Pedals - oddy twisted pedals
Cassette - Compact drive single 12T cassette
Front hub - 20mm axiom 36 hole
Rear hub - axiom 14mm slotted, single speed , 36H
Front rim - alex rims DM-24 26''
Rear rim - alex rim DM-24 26''
Tyres front- k-rad rear- geax booze

Attachments

Ducky Punk

Banned
Better tire's like Mirco Knobbies for higher PSI
When you get your new bars cut your steerer
Paint it less hideous colors
Skinny pivotal
If you've got the cash new rear hub (something like the Last one) and cranks

boads 250

Likes Dirt
yer i was thinking either new forks or rear wheel after i get new bars stem and seat, what do u guys think of black frame,bars,stem,rims and chrome hubs and cranks keep the ideas comming

also what do u guys think of rockshox dart 2,3 for skate park and a little bit of dirt jumping. i have rigids at the moment and i wanted to try something different but i what to spend heaps of money but i want to buy new so will they do the job

Last edited:
youll be better off buying used honestly. a dart 2 or 3 is a low end xc fork, not a dirt jump fork. look at x fusion as theyre pretty cheap and used argyle 302s and theyll feel much better as well as last longer. in the long run youll end up spending more money with a dart since itll break more often and your screwed on warranty. for cranks look at redline devices, or if you really want chrome ones im pretty sure profile cranks come in chrome but they will cost a lot more

Ducky Punk

Banned
Don't buy Profile, there too $$$, have shitty warranty and there are stuff out there that is equally as strong for less $$$

Eclats Primo Odyssey and Fly make good BMX cranks but for a MTB stick to MTB cranks unless you feel like learning crankslides as i think now days MTB hardcore cranks would be stronger

welif you want a mtb crank ive heard nothing but praise about the shimano slx. theyre very light and reasonably strong. maybe look at octane one cranks as well, they have mtb and bmx style cranks

alto-mtb

Likes Bikes
yer i was thinking either new forks or rear wheel after i get new bars stem and seat, what do u guys think of black frame,bars,stem,rims and chrome hubs and cranks keep the ideas comming

if you want chrome cranks check out the eastern site they have some nice one's buying them myself :)

boads 250

Likes Dirt
hey guys i just thought id let you know i just order a new leaf cycle bars and evo stem so next i am getting a seat

boads 250

Likes Dirt
hey guys just thought i would tell you that i just put my leaf cycles bars and stem on and they look sick. i am going to paint my frame black at some point but i am going to go with dark blue spank tweet tweet rims and a dark blue colony hub but what colour spokes should i go i was thinking black to match the frame but any suggestion would be greatly helpful

just go black, most spokes come in black so if you take one out you can replace it without ordering anything in or the bike looking funny. that and it looks a lot better

hey man, does your frame take bmx hubs(110mm)??? I would have thought that it would have been mtb size (135mm) and if thats the case then you can't get a colony hub:confused:

anyway just though i'd point that out:p

edit: after a google search to clarify, the 250 is mtb size (135mm)

Last edited:

boads 250

Likes Dirt
yer mate that is true but i am getting a new front hub and i have rigids, anyone got thoughts on spoke colour