Help needed A.S.A.P. My juicy 7's broke!

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
Hey there guys/girls,

I just put new pads in my juicy 7's and now the front brake seems to have suddenly shat itself...the pad adjuster wont turn, so i took it out and now it wont go back in the lever setup at all, the brake wont brake unless the lever is fully extended, there is some leaking inside the master cylinder and the lever is always 'clicked' out, when i pull the lever in and slowly release it, the lever stops where it should and the clicks out.

I have just taken the lever apart and can see a bit of leaking from where the lever assembly pushes on the master cylinder piston to force fluid down.

So basically i am wondering what have i done wrong in putting new pads in to cause all of this instantly, or is it just coincidence? and how is it fixable?

I have ordered an avid bleed kit so if its a bleed that it needs i can do that.

Thanks for reading this novel on my problems and i hope someone can help, just ask if there is any info i have left out.

Thanks
John

Landon

Likes Dirt
Juicy Lever Rebuild

Hey John,

You really should read the lever rebuild section of the 2009 Avid tech manual here > http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/avid/dealers/TM_MY09_E.pdf

It covers the rebuild of a Juicy lever from page 13. You won't necessarily need to remove the hose from the lever body. That's required if internal contamination has occurred and the lever requires a thorough clean and rebuild. You will need the Avid bleed kit to make the brake useable.