Help Needed Urgently! Melbourne Area - Need Bolt for QT Trip

markhood01

Likes Bikes
I guess this will end up in the fuckwits thread, but I just broke the damp side bottom bolt on my fork. Thing is I'm leaving for Queenstown on Saturday!!

Fork is a 2011 Rockshox Sektor RL, came stock on the 2011 Specialized Pitch Pro.

Looking at the parts book for 2012 (https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/2012_rockshox_spc_rev_c.pdf) it seems as though the relevant part number is:
11.4015.404.010 - Rebound Adjuster Knob/Bolt Kit, Aluminum Red Long (use with Maxle lower leg)

When I ctrl-f that within the doc, the following forks all seem to use the same bolt assembly (if you've got a maxle).
Reba - 2009-2011
Revelation 2010-2012
Pike 2005-2010
ARGYLE 2007-2012
TORA XC (2010) / RECON SILVER (2011-2012)
RECON XC (2010) / RECON GOLD (2011-2012)
SEKTOR (2011-2012)

SOOOOOO if there's any kind souls in the greater Melbourne area, with any of the above listed forks lying around that they're not using... can I pretty please steal your damp side bolt?! I'll buy you a new one, and a sixpack of your choosing for interest :)

I'm hitting up the formal channels as well tomorrow (LBS, SRAM etc.) so hopefully I'll be able to source one. Just hedging my bets.

Cheers,
Mark

moorey

call me Mia
I'm awaiting delivery of some s/h Sektors to try the 27.5" experiment. They are only about 10mm taller than the 26". If they come tomorrow, and you want to drive to Ballarat, you're welcome to borrow them complete. They aren't mint, and you needn't feel you have to me precious with them.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pmed about a lyrik bolt.

I swear they're the same. Can anyone confirm or deny?

marc.r

Likes Dirt
I'm awaiting delivery of some s/h Sektors to try the 27.5" experiment. They are only about 10mm taller than the 26". If they come tomorrow, and you want to drive to Ballarat, you're welcome to borrow them complete. They aren't mint, and you needn't feel you have to me precious with them.
Have you learnt nothing from certain members if this forum? A part is worth as much as someone will pay. Surely a gentleman in this situation would be willing to pay th customary rrp+10%?

teK--

Eats Squid
I have one in my parts bin it is from a 2012 Reba it looks pretty damn similar to yours?

the thread would be the same. worst case if the bottom is different you can adjust your rebound using an allen key for the interim.

20150108_192607.jpg

Last edited:

markhood01

Likes Bikes
Crisis averted! Got one, and didn't even have to give out a wristy... Thanks for those that offered to help, really appreciate it.