Help this fat bastard Find a enduro wheel set!!

Couch

Squid
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at upgrading my wheel set as the Race Face wheels that came on my bike aren't up to being put clumsily on to large rocks carrying my 100+kgs.
I mainly ride trail/AllMountians/Enduro.

I have about $1000 to spend and I am looking for 27.5.

Any help would be much appreciated

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Flow Ex has been a most reliable rim for me and others I ride with - on your choice of hub it will come inside of budget by a mile, excellent rim.

Next rim I am trying is the 471, just for something different.

108kg, mostly on the black diamond trails.

Edit: do you have a internal width your after? narrow, sensible or wide? That will narrow you choices by working out what you want.

redline316

Likes Dirt
As said in previous post my mate had a set of dt swiss ex 471 built up on hope hubs he weighs 110kgs had them on the bike for 6 months now without any issues,and he's not the smoothest of riders either.

Couch

Squid
Flow Ex has been a most reliable rim for me and others I ride with - on your choice of hub it will come inside of budget by a mile, excellent rim.

Edit: do you have a internal width your after? narrow, sensible or wide? That will narrow you choices by working out what you want.
Trying I was thinking sensible.

stirk

Burner
Are you blokes huge and tall or just fat ?
I weigh between 69-75kg and am 6foot tall and skinny, so many guys are bigger than me but are not huge or overly tall or fat and would be hitting the 100kg easy. The weight gets distributed across the whole body especially if they work out at the gym and yeah its deceiving but its not that hard to push a 100 kg for what I'd consider a solid but not tall or fat man.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
90 odd kg naked, kitted up for a long ride (packed bag, gear etc) id be over 100kg.

Hope endure wheelset has been good to me so far, as straight as the day I bought em (slight ding when I burped a tyre, but I was using too low pressure and going a bit hard into a rock garden lent over. It straightened out perfect though, cant tell it was there).

Abit weighty but most of that's in the hubs.

Abit narrow by todays standards but they give maxxis's 2.3'' tyres a nice profile.

All in all a solid wheelset, nothing flash but reliable.

And most importantly you get that brilliant hope bzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Mywifesirrational

Are you blokes huge and tall or just fat ?
6'3 and spent a decade powerlifting, Although I need to lose 10kg after a year off the bike and mostly sedentary due to injury.

I used to weight 81kg when I was a bicycle messenger, but bench was 45kg tops :/, feel a lot stronger and healthier being heavier.

Zero issues with most parts, regular chain breaks when putting down the power whilst climbing... KMC solved that issue.

Mywifesirrational

Funny you say that, ive broken 2x KMC chains in 3 months.
Weird, I was breaking XT and XTR's continuously, using a proper pin to fix and they weren't breaking in the same place. The KMC non SL versions have been treating me really well.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at upgrading my wheel set as the Race Face wheels that came on my bike aren't up to being put clumsily on to large rocks carrying my 100+kgs.
I mainly ride trail/AllMountians/Enduro.

I have about $1000 to spend and I am looking for 27.5.

Any help would be much appreciated
Sometimes it doesn't hurt to suck up a few extra grams and run dh/FR rims...here are some 27.5 versions of dh rims I have been well pleased in 26:
- http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/nukeproof-generator-dh-rim/rp-prod132452 (I've had these as sun mtx in 31, 33, and 39...never an issue did I have).
- http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/mavic-ex729-disc-mtb-rim-2016/rp-prod140772 (I've had these rims too many times to count. Have dinged 1, just recently dropping onto a root at speed).

CRC don't seem to have much Dt Swiss on the site. Anyway these rims custom built by CRC onto hope hubs (my recommendation) will come in well under budget. Alternatively keep your hubs, build on the new rims, save a very small amount of money if you need to pay to get the wheels built. I did that recently...won't be doing so again in a hurry.

These are just too pretty to ignore:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/nukeproof-generator-dh-rim/rp-prod132452

I weigh between 69-75kg and am 6foot tall and skinny, so many guys are bigger than me but are not huge or overly tall or fat and would be hitting the 100kg easy. The weight gets distributed across the whole body especially if they work out at the gym and yeah its deceiving but its not that hard to push a 100 kg for what I'd consider a solid but not tall or fat man.
Are you guys weighing in with or without your pedal? Stirk...how the fuck are you so lite? Did you get your cock and balls dipped in purple anno?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Weird, I was breaking XT and XTR's continuously, using a proper pin to fix and they weren't breaking in the same place. The KMC non SL versions have been treating me really well.
I was breaking them at the manufacturer pins (not the joining or quick link)!
I've broken a few Shitmano chains too.... XT (never had XTR chain)

Back to good old trusty $25 - Sram 1130.