Help this fat bastard Find a enduro wheel set!!

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
6 foot 1here, 99 - 100kgs
Solid is how most people describe me.

Ive been this weight within a few kgs from year 10 in high school. I used to be fat, then over time found the gym and riding, crossfit, cardio etc etc. Same weight, just much fitter and stronger.
I've had good luck with my specalized 29mm internal width rims on my enduro. No dints, slight buckling with a lot of rough treatment over rocks.

-Shaun

my02

Likes Dirt
I went to Greg at TWE http://www.twebikewheels.com.au/

This was my request:

- 27.5” rims,
- Wide (if possible)
- 15mm front
- 142x12mm rear
- Tubeless

They’ll be going onto a 160mm bike. I weigh over 120 before I put any gear on (130kg ATM but that will reduce). I won’t ride full on DH with them but they will still need to stand up to decent trail / enduro type riding. I will hit drops to flat to around 4ft.

This is what I got:

- Stans Flows EX - Internal width = 29mm -
- 32H with Dt comp spokes - pattern laced for my needs, weight and leg strength.
- Dt 350 on rear- with star ratchet drive)

They cost me $800 and included colour matched nipples and decals coz I'm a ponce.

That would leave you $200 for rubber bits.

He's a little quirky to deal with but I'd get another pair from him.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
That's a decent build, if those nipples are alloy, swap them out for brass.

You can get some custom built wheels with those specs a lot cheaper from the UK, or with hopes for about 700 ish, otherwise for an LBS that price seems reasonable.

I went to Greg at TWE http://www.twebikewheels.com.au/

This was my request:

- 27.5” rims,
- Wide (if possible)
- 15mm front
- 142x12mm rear
- Tubeless

They’ll be going onto a 160mm bike. I weigh over 120 before I put any gear on (130kg ATM but that will reduce). I won’t ride full on DH with them but they will still need to stand up to decent trail / enduro type riding. I will hit drops to flat to around 4ft.

This is what I got:

- Stans Flows EX - Internal width = 29mm -
- 32H with Dt comp spokes - pattern laced for my needs, weight and leg strength.
- Dt 350 on rear- with star ratchet drive)

They cost me $800 and included colour matched nipples and decals coz I'm a ponce.

That would leave you $200 for rubber bits.

He's a little quirky to deal with but I'd get another pair from him.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Another vote for Flow EX, I'm a tubby bitch at 110kg in gear and I ride a hardtail as my one bike, for their weight and width they are a pretty awesome little rim. Next set I'll go to WTB or Ryde rims as I want to try an asymmetric rim, haven't had a set for 10plus years.

my02

Likes Dirt
That's a decent build, if those nipples are alloy, swap them out for brass.

You can get some custom built wheels with those specs a lot cheaper from the UK, or with hopes for about 700 ish, otherwise for an LBS that price seems reasonable.
True. But Greg offers a lifetime warranty and he's a five min drive from home. Little easier then sending back to the UK.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Currently on special at bike24 for about $250 landed for the pair. So so tempting.... http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=7&navigation=1&menu=1000,2,302,303&__qf_form-filter=&mid[938]=1 the dt swiss offering above looks interesting as well...
Yeah a mate let me spec a bike for him and he ended up with some ryde trace trail rims, cx-ray spokes and hope hubs, came in at about 1600g with tape. You could go DT hubs but then you have to pony up for the 40t ratchet or they are shit! I will say it took me 20 mins to get 2.4" Ardents on, you have to fit the tyre from one side or it's almost impossible. I'm going for the heavier Ryde Tim as I'm over the weight limit for the trace trail, Acros have released some silly light hubs and are available in a build on one of the German sites.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Understand what you are saying about the hubs however I was referring to getting the 30mm internal dt Swiss rim. Nice to see so many wide options that aren't Chinese carbon which help us 100kg and over guys out...or bacon lovers as one poster put it