Help with nutrition and training log

J_Daniher

Likes Bikes
Hey guys
I'm 16 and ride xc and am quite serious about it.
I'm looking at really getting to to good shape and do better for nationals next year.
I've been looking to improve my nutrition and I've looked at several training logs on rotorburn and I need some help.
1. How does a traing log help with your riding? And what do I put in it?
2. Good dieting or diet plan to help stay in good shape and what to eat before and after races?
3. And finally what are some good exercises and streches to strengthen my riding?

0psi

Eats Squid
1. How does a training log help with your riding? And what do I put in it? What ever you want. I use both Strava and a wall calendar. Leading a busy life sometimes things get away from me so having a wall calendar is great way of getting a quick snap shot of what I've done recently.
2. Good dieting or diet plan to help stay in good shape and what to eat before and after races? With the exception of bananas and avocados don't eat anything that has a TV ad. Some of the best athletes on the planet don't have a 'diet' as such, they just make sure they eat healthy fresh food.
3. And finally what are some good exercises and streches to strengthen my riding? Funnily enough riding a bike is a good way to be a stronger rider! Core stability work will certainly help though. Sit ups, lever push ups, scissor kicks, that kind of thing.

But if you are really serious get a coach.