Hey all

Couldn't be more than $50...at a guess. It isn't too far. You might even be able to arrange a halfway meeting. I do like the south coast line from Sydney. Its very picturesque.

Definateky best to find the kinky ones first. It goes hand in hand with my party plan - go ugly early. You can always come back later and look for pretty.
That's a lot better than I was expecting. I had more $150+ in mind. Although it probably would be better to meet up in person and make sure the bike isn't banged up

That's really the only way to live life really.

Id love to get involved with stuff like downhill but there's just no tracks near to me to bomb down :(
I'm looking more for a bike that can climb as well as it can go down the hill, so huge amounts of travel are unnecessary and would probably go unused for the most part

moorey

call me Mia
As your attorney, I advise you not, repeat NOT, to take bike buying advise from a poodle walker!

Doesn't your profile say you are frkm Illawarra? Plenty of riding. But! You need some versatIty unless you have a shuttle crew already lined up.

This must be the cheapest bike on here. Far from perfect, but a good starting point for building a sick pushy.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?277903-Norco-Sasquatch-Med-(Parts-Bike)
Like I said. I'm incredibly new to the sport. Any riding I've done so far has been on fire trails and has been almost all by myself. I don't know anyone else that could show me some of the more hectic stuff either, although I know of some of the trails

I must say I like the price tag on that but I would have to assume that postage would cost almost as much as the bike. Ive also never done much technical work with bikes but I could always give it a shot

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Use the force watkiman...just relax and go with your instincts. Which Mich be offer the vendor $50 + postage...or $100 including postage. He obviously wants it gone. Of course the bike is a single speed, which Moorey is notorious for his hate of.

All the technic skills you need are on you tube....

But keep away from father omalley.

Just a quick two questions.

1) Would it be cheaper to buy individual parts and build as they become available

2) I've looked through quite a lot of the bikes on here from NSW, would it be too expensive or risky or anything to get a complete bike shipped from interstate?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just a quick two questions.

1) Would it be cheaper to buy individual parts and build as they become available

2) I've looked through quite a lot of the bikes on here from NSW, would it be too expensive or risky or anything to get a complete bike shipped from interstate?
Shipping is a piece of piss. It price depends on where it is coming from....WA, NT...they can be really expensive.

Buying parts is generally more expensive than buying a whole bike. But.sometimes you fluke it.

If you are a taller rider someone posted up a kona stab supreme in the dh bikes that is a sensational buy asking $900. Been there a while...also a banshee wild card there that might go for a nice price.

Shipping is a piece of piss. It price depends on where it is coming from....WA, NT...they can be really expensive.

Buying parts is generally more expensive than buying a whole bike. But.sI.metimes you fluke it.

If you are a taller rider someone posted up a kona stab supreme in the dh bikes that is a sensational buy asking $900. Been there a while...also a banshee wild card there that might go for a nice price.
I'm 6ft but I'm still pretty young (possibly grow more) so I've been told a large frame. I assume that would be almost dead on?

Mm, downhill would be fun but I would need someone in my area to ride with to show me the trails. So far I don't know any one else that rides around here. I went to see if there were any threads that could point me in the right direction but they're all heaps old or don't say much

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I started dh by purchasing a dh bike and hitting up the local trails. They are easy enough to find - ask a few of the local bike stores (the ones that sell dh stuff). You'll gain skills riding solo (it can be a bit tedious!) And meet peeps at the trail. Join the local club, they usually have people in them that love helping noobs out.

Best way to meet dh riders and find local tracks is to buy a mad shuttle vehicle and awesome trailer. The post in the dh section of this forum that you want to fill it with riders. Free fuel and food and you'll drive every run...don't follow this advice.

I started dh by purchasing a dh bike and hitting up the local trails. They are easy enough to find - ask a few of the local bike stores (the ones that sell dh stuff). You'll gain skills riding solo (it can be a bit tedious!) And meet peeps at the trail. Join the local club, they usually have people in them that love helping noobs out.

Best way to meet dh riders and find local tracks is to buy a mad shuttle vehicle and awesome trailer. The post in the dh section of this forum that you want to fill it with riders. Free fuel and food and you'll drive every run...don't follow this advice.
Too young to drive at the moment, but I''l keep it in mind for the future
Yeah I might go ask around at the LBS and see if they can point me in the right direction, it seems like the gong is very secret with their trails, I guess they have reason to be though...
Failing that, I might just ride around the escarpment and hope to stumble on a track or two...