Heyfield & District Community Bank - Blores Hill 6 Hour Enduro - WRAP UP!

JessD

Likes Dirt
In!

I am in...cant wait, something different, never been there, should be fun, change is as good as holiday...all that jazz.
See you there.

Mr King

Likes Dirt
685mm wide bars here, with well worn bar end caps:p. Also interested if any local single speeders are riding 29ers and what ratio they run. Chances are I won't change from 33/19, but would be nice to know.
Just spoke with one of the our faster locals - and here are some preferred SS setups for Blores Hill

26" - SS, 33/16

29er - SS, 32/18

Tread - not aggressive, 2.1" or 2.2", Crossmax or WTB Weirwolf

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just spoke with one of the our faster locals - and here are some preferred SS setups for Blores Hill

26" - SS, 33/16

29er - SS, 32/18

Tread - not aggressive, 2.1" or 2.2", Crossmax or WTB Weirwolf
Good info. Thanks heaps.

Jess, are you going solo or team?

JessD

Likes Dirt
Good info. Thanks heaps.

Jess, are you going solo or team?
Solo, was thinking team but got my arm twisted to do solo, good training lead up for Mawson Marathon anyway.
Normie is looking after me, bugger he says, he wanted to race - NOT.
Did an 8hr enduro the other day in Townsville, gee time goes quick.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm excited ! I'm gunna die, I will have spent about 4 weeks out of the 8 beforehand off the bike in East Timor but it looks like a great event.

My 1st post on rotorburn. Better known on here as +1 by my husband. Nothing important to add to the discussion, but felt compelled to post here as I too CAN'T WAIT for this race to roll around!

Mr King

Likes Dirt
My 1st post on rotorburn. Better known on here as +1 by my husband. Nothing important to add to the discussion, but felt compelled to post here as I too CAN'T WAIT for this race to roll around!
Welcome to Rotorburn! We hope you enjoy the event, come over to the Gippsland MTB marquee and let us know what you think of the event after you have experienced the super flowy trails at Blores. We would love the feedback!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Now that you have posted on here, I think I can refer to you as "Josie" as opposed to +1 :)

Like Josie, really looking forward to this race!

dowey42

Likes Dirt
sorry for those waiting for the Garmin data. My Edge 705 has turned to not work anymore. Riding the course last Sunday was a blast though. Pity I was with a Triathlete and was stopping for him a lot! not to mention the few over the bar moments. No matter how many times you tell them they need speed, they just don't listen.

I'll borrow somebody elses this week and head out there. Mr King might even come with the video...

P.S. has anybody had the same problem with the 705? won't even turn on now :(

quiggs

Likes Dirt
sorry for those waiting for the Garmin data. My Edge 705 has turned to not work anymore. Riding the course last Sunday was a blast though. Pity I was with a Triathlete and was stopping for him a lot! not to mention the few over the bar moments. No matter how many times you tell them they need speed, they just don't listen.

I'll borrow somebody elses this week and head out there. Mr King might even come with the video...

P.S. has anybody had the same problem with the 705? won't even turn on now :(
Yeah a few problems with the 705, currently having one at present recognises ride data inc speed elevation etc but not the mapping function?? Get on the www.mtbr.com and do a search there is ample info from that forum on the garmin. Is where I'm heading now

just found this for you

“To hard reset the unit turn the unit off, hold down the mode button and turn the unit on. When the unit asks if you want to erase all user data, select yes. After resetting the unit, leave it with a clear view of the sky for about 30 minutes to acquire the satellite almanac. “

cheers
quiggs

Last edited:

adaib

Likes Dirt
Anyone want to be my partner?

I'm after a partner of comparable fitness for this race.
I usually race solo, so I don't have a usual team mate, I want to do some higher intensity stuff to boost my training.
I usually race pointy end of B grade or mid field A grade,

PM me if you or you know for anyone else who might be keen

Cheers
Brendan Adair

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Thanks quiggs but the unit is not even turning on anymore and won't charge...think its FUBAR.

Riding there tomorrow and have another garmin to use. Stay tuned.

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Garmin data

Finally here is the Garmin data. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97600810
For those who want a quick read:
Lap will be about 13km (gate was locked and couldn't be bothered jumping)
Elevation gain- 179m

Despite the rain that has fallen this week here in the Valley, Blores was magnificent! NO mud on the bike and had the dry tyres on.

Keep the entries rolling in.
It will be a great race!

Adam

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks awesome Adam. Thanks heaps. Hoisting the flag tonight to see if it gets saluted.:p

JessD

Likes Dirt
race profile

Finally here is the Garmin data. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97600810
For those who want a quick read:
Lap will be about 13km (gate was locked and couldn't be bothered jumping)
Elevation gain- 179m

Despite the rain that has fallen this week here in the Valley, Blores was magnificent! NO mud on the bike and had the dry tyres on.

Keep the entries rolling in.
It will be a great race!

Adam
Profile looks unbelievably fun and fast and thank you!