Heyfield & District Community Bank - Blores Hill 6 Hour Enduro - WRAP UP!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stevo - from the race briefing on gippslandmtb.com.au;

Results for the event will be available on a timing screen near the transition point, printed results will be placed on a
noticeboard in the hall every 30 minutes and live results will be available on the Gippsland MTB website at:

http://www.gippslandmtb.com.au/results/

This page comes well on most mobile phones that support web browsing
Maybe I should read things first. Ta.:)

dowey42

Likes Dirt
some last instructions

Mozzies are a killer out there. Bring the spray; you have been warned!

Remember there is NO PETROL IN HEYFIELD fill up in either Traralgon or Rosedale.

COLD nights here at the moment, fires will be cranking!

the course is in great nic, should be a great race.

One of the most important things is beer. There is a pub in town, however not the largest selection to choose from. This is the information I like to know :D

please read the rider briefing which is available on the club website http://www.gippslandmtb.com.au

Travel safe and see you tomorrow, or SUnday!

djslow

Likes Bikes
Food in Heyfield?

Hey Guys, what sort of food is available in Heyfield Sat Night. Does the Pub do Meals? Is there any other food - eat in or take away in the Heyfield area?

Thanks

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys, what sort of food is available in Heyfield Sat Night. Does the Pub do Meals? Is there any other food - eat in or take away in the Heyfield area?

Thanks
I'm looking for Beer and chicken parmas at the pub, answer those two questions positively and I'm as happy as a pig in shit!!

Looking forward to the race the track looks quick and a big load of kilometres to be ridden on Sunday.

quiggs

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Keen to know about the dinner options too, otherwise a BBQ at the campground is looking good

Can't wait to get out on a lap tomorrow afternoon!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mozzies are a killer out there. Bring the spray; you have been warned!
Warning acknowledged, but it sure seems strange for this time of year. The local track here in Melbourne's east I ride is usually mozzie hell, but the cold weather has stopped them in their tracks.....for now. Have they been like that down there for long?

Bbbbbbzzzzzzzzz

Can confirm the Mozzie situation glad you mentioned that, i need all the blood for my legs, they are like birds at the moment a five minute stop and i felt light headed from lack of blood. Hope you travel well pristine tracks await your arrival.
Slowdave

toddcuth

Likes Bikes
Pumped!

just picked up mozzie spray about to head down track sounds and looks great, can't wait bring on the morning!

JessD

Likes Dirt
not coming

Late decision made, but not coming on the trip over to Blores Hill tomorrow.
Have a great time to all, jealous of dry trails, indeed some fun to be had, cant wait to find out how it all goes.
Jess

dadsgirl

Likes Bikes
Big thumbs up guys. Lots of positives and very few negatives. Comments I heard around the traps...."Best trails I've ever ridden"...."Think a week down here staying at the park and enjoying the trails and weir would be heaven"...."Friendliest marshalls I've ever come across"...."Brilliant venue and facilities"....the list goes on. Also, the mozzies must have decided to take the day off. Congrats to the club and it's members on it's first major event.

akashra

Eats Squid
Another venue successfully placed on the Victorian mountain biking community's map in permanent marker: Tick.

Oh yeah, that rock garden climb, which I hadn't ridden before... can we have more of that, but maybe 100 to 200 meters longer? kthx! Favorite part of the track without a doubt was that climb.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That was unbelievably awesome beyond imagination. More flow than Victoria Falls on the Zambezi. Absolutely stoked. Great single speed course too.

akashra

Eats Squid
That was unbelievably awesome beyond imagination. More flow than Victoria Falls on the Zambezi. Absolutely stoked. Great single speed course too.
It just occurred to me when you said this - I never even considered touching my left shifter, and am pretty sure I was only using about 6 gears most of the time.

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
I couldn't be there but I just spoke to my team mate on the phone. It sounds like it was a totally excellent event, and he echoes the comments on the trails. Spectacular, apparently.

Top do!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It just occurred to me when you said this - I never even considered touching my left shifter, and am pretty sure I was only using about 6 gears most of the time.
Yeah, after scoping the course briefly on Saturday afternoon, I decided to go with the tallest gear I had available (33/16 on the 29er) and it was just about perfect. I still managed to clean the trig point about 50% of the time.