hi from hoppers crossing

onlock

Likes Bikes
hi all, my names kyle. me and the missus just bought a couple of bikes.
myself a giant trance 27.5 1 and for her a giant lust 2

I only plan on riding for fun and fitness for now. my main hobby is dirtbikes and abit of mtb keeps me on the dirt and working out at the same time
the missus is looking at getting into some adventure racing so a bike that will help her to ride smoothly without too much energy exhausted was our aim

hopefully ill get some time to come out and ride with some peeps off here. might try and get used to the bike and some general bike fitness first

any places in particular I or me and the missus should look to go to for some nice trails to get us into the sport? was thinking of maybe just going to the you yangs and riding some of the easier tracks then seeing how I travel start stepping up the pace and hitting some more techy trails

heres a couple of picks just after picking up our bikes

also cant thank troy from cycle house in greensborough enough for his help and information

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Well done on the purchases and getting the missus into it at the same time. While your at it you might as well list the motorbike for sale, trust me you won't ride it anymore.

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Welcome - i am up the road from you in Sunshine.

The You Yangs is really good for starting out - it has everything, and my wife does adventure sports and enjoys the You Yangs too.

Anyhow - welcome on board, and maybe I will see you out there some time (just look for the fat guy who looks like he is about to have a heart attack - that's me).

L4M3G4M3R

Likes Bikes
Welcome - i am up the road from you in Sunshine.

The You Yangs is really good for starting out - it has everything, and my wife does adventure sports and enjoys the You Yangs too.

Anyhow - welcome on board, and maybe I will see you out there some time (just look for the fat guy who looks like he is about to have a heart attack - that's me).
+1 for the You Yangs...great mix of trails. Welcome to the sport!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Being out at Hoppers Crossing, YouYangs is probably your closest option.

There's also Lysterfield on the other side of the city, which is pretty much perfect for the bikes you both purchased.

My lady also picked up a Lust 2 in November and she really enjoyed herself at Lysterfield, despite slipping her front wheel on a tree root and face planting into the ground through the Upper Buckle descent. :p

Last edited: