Hibike, Starbike, no more Sram to Australia!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I dont think I have ever had one go over 4 weeks in Frankfurt.

There is always a German order on its way to me... got one a couple of weeks back, got another one in planning stage.

Just waiting to see if Bike-Discounts alleged 31/7/21 delivery of Formula Cura comes to fruition... if not, I have a brimming basket waiting at BikeComponents.

Everywhere else is OOS till later in the year, BD recons fresh Cura stock in 2 days :rolleyes:

My rim order just went 4 weeks in Frankfurt .

Hoping it is actually close to Oz now and will get an update in the next few days.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So mine was in Frankfurt 2 July, arrived in Aus 1st Aug and was delivered to Adelaide on the 4th Aug.

Shouldn't be too long now... probably in the air now.
Yeah this was my thinking.

Pretty sure an order from bike-components.de did the same before covid except it was within 4 weeks from ordering to delivery.

This will be more like 6 weeks I think.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Anyone used a freight forwarding service from Germany, and have any recommendations?

The new frame I'm looking at purchasing has an obscure shock size, I would prefer RockShox over Fox, and there's nothing coming into country this year in the spec I want.

Bike24 have what I want but geoblock says no.

@Haakon or anyone got any tricks up their sleeve?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Anyone used a freight forwarding service from Germany, and have any recommendations?

The new frame I'm looking at purchasing has an obscure shock size, I would prefer RockShox over Fox, and there's nothing coming into country this year in the spec I want.

I’m assuming Cyclinic or someone like that can’t take a more standard size and space it down to what you need?

Haakon

Keeps on digging

Ive used both mailboxde.com and mygermany.com

mailbox is cheaper for small items, but they only use DHL i think. mygermany ive used for heavier bigger things (such as a tow bar for the Alfa) as they use more carriers and sent the big things fedex.

They both have freight calculators so you'll need to know the dimensions and weight of the box.

I've bought geoblocked things from ze germans a few times using mailboxde :)

beeb

Ive used both mailboxde.com and mygermany.com

mailbox is cheaper for small items, but they only use DHL i think. mygermany ive used for heavier bigger things (such as a tow bar for the Alfa) as they use more carriers and sent the big things fedex.

they both have freight calculators so you'll need to know the dimensions and weight of the box.
Thank you, I shall check them out.

beeb

I’m assuming Cyclinic or someone like that can’t take a more standard size and space it down to what you need?
Whoops, missed this one. Not really. 165mm trunnion is not a common, so even the having something in stock is the main issue. They do have a DPS in stock, but my enthusiasm is not high for them based off the couple I've had in the past.

beeb

Thank you, I shall check them out.
@Haakon - mailboxde.com seemed good enough and seem to offer some different freight (company) options once the parcel arrives to them, so hopefully I might be able to bypass the Deutsche post/Frankfurt vortex. Will still have to wait on the frame though, so the shock will probably arrive first!

Shock is now ordered. Reasonably sure I just ordered the last one of what I wanted (available online) in the world. :oops:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
@Haakon - mailboxde.com seemed good enough and seem to offer some different freight (company) options once the parcel arrives to them, so hopefully I might be able to bypass the Deutsche post/Frankfurt vortex. Will still have to wait on the frame though, so the shock will probably arrive first!

Shock is now ordered. Reasonably sure I just ordered the last one of what I wanted (available online) in the world. :oops:
If the frame isn't too far off, mailbox will sit on your shock and then combine the shipping with the frame when they get it later.

beeb

If the frame isn't too far off, mailbox will sit on your shock and then combine the shipping with the frame when they get it later.
Nah, the frame's coming out of China. I hope/doubt it'll come through Germany!

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is Rockshox geoblocked? I just bought a fork from one of the usual players in the UK. Wasn't particularly cheap but it was available.
I was surprised to be able to order. Hasn't arrived but has apparently been shipped

beeb

Is Rockshox geoblocked? I just bought a fork from one of the usual players in the UK. Wasn't particularly cheap but it was available.
I was surprised to be able to order. Hasn't arrived but has apparently been shipped
Typically, yes. It’s a PITA given the lack of local stock/options.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Merlin, CRC, Wiggle will ship SRAM items not come across other as yet.