NSW " Hidden Valley Classic "

gwiny

Squid
Ex-nay on the facebook-nay

Hi, would it possible to get some details of the event without needing Facebook? Links just go to summary page
Thanks

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
ONE day only

With a 27k loop, you get to ride either 24, 48, or 72k of exhilarating singletrack...however, you only get the chance once a year. Entries open Friday 24th May...numbers strictly limited...don't miss out !!

Last edited:

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
What there won't be !!

For some, the "Hidden Valley Classic" may be disappointing...there'll be no blaring music to disturb the peace, no constant babble on a P.A. system to disrupt the serenity, no pump up monstrosities emblazoned with red bulls, black cows, pink elephants whatever; no jewel encrusted trophies imported from the orient...& sadly...no prizemoney...oh well !!

spida

Squid
Good !!

For some, the "Hidden Valley Classic" may be disappointing...there'll be no blaring music to disturb the peace, no constant babble on a P.A. system to disrupt the serenity, no pump up monstrosities emblazoned with red bulls, black cows, pink elephants whatever; no jewel encrusted trophies imported from the orient...& sadly...no prizemoney...oh well !!
GOOD !!................................I'll be there !!

So.....

No music, no PA babble, no pink elephants, no jewels from the orient, no prizemoney ?......bloody hell !!
So......what IS there going to be ?

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
Buggered if I know ?

No music, no PA babble, no pink elephants, no jewels from the orient, no prizemoney ?......bloody hell !!
So......what IS there going to be ?
What IS there going to be ?.....buggered if I know ?...not much really, besides a hell of a bike ride...maybe a great coffee with a bacon & egg roll if you're early enough ?...if you're good enough, you may win a locally handcrafted trophy...or if you're lucky enough, you could take home something else besides a sore arse & an empty fuel tank...bike gear, camping/shed gear, wine, chocolates...who knows ?
You will however, certainly take home some great memories of an unforgettable bike ride, possibly one of the best you've had.

Last edited:

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
It's longer

There has been 28 changes to the track since the event last year...many small ones (50-500mtrs)...some larger ones, including an extra 3ks of singletrack. The options are now 28.5ks, 57ks or 85.5ks.

There has been 28 changes to the track since the event last year...many small ones (50-500mtrs)...some larger ones, including an extra 3ks of singletrack. The options are now 28.5ks, 57ks or 85.5ks.
28 changes, are you kidding ? I thought it was good last year, hope you haven't stuffed it up ?

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
Stuffed it up ??

28 changes, are you kidding ? I thought it was good last year, hope you haven't stuffed it up ?
The ingenious apprentice, an individual of questionable character spent two years constructing a track, which he thought was ok. However, with the benefit of hindsight he knew he could do better...& he did, with 29 changes over 12 months...he now claims to have the best 25ks of continuous singletrack to be found anywhere. A big statement, particularly as he is the only one to have ridden the completed new track...& sadly, he can only be described as somewhat of a simpleton. I guess we'll just have to wait until 15th Sept for a second opinion. If it so happens that his claims are unfounded, he will be dragged into the street & flogged !!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coolah-Bikeworx/317652711622335?ref=hl

Last edited:

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
The lazy mongrel

It takes a little while for a lazy mongrel to rake 25ks of singletrack...but he's doing it, every square cm...& there's only 7ks to go. With 12mths of marsupial traffic & some winter rain, the course will be firmer & faster this year...however, it's also 3.5ks per lap longer, so it probably won't be any quicker overall...we'll find out. If you'd like to be a part of this great event, you need to get your entry in soon.

Last edited:

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
Yep !!

Are entries in this race still available ?
Entries are still available, but not for long...they close on Sunday the 8th Sept...no late entries & DEFINITELY no entries on race day...that's the one day of the year I won't take a bribe.

Stringybark

Likes Bikes
Get a wriggle on !!

Want the ride of your life ?...you better get a wriggle on...entries close Sunday 8th Sept.