HMBA - Dungog Races September 13th and 14th

Steven P

Likes Bikes
THE NEXT HMBA CLUB RACES

DATE: Saturday and Sunday – 13th and 14th September

EVENT: Saturday will be a Super D event. Sunday will be a 3 hour XC event.

TIME: Saturday – Registration from 10am. Race to start at 1pm
Sunday - Registration 8:30 -9:30am. Race to start at 10am.

LOCATION: Dungog Common. Head to the end of Common Road and turn left through the gate. The event centre will be up the hill to your left.

COME AND CAMP OVER ON SATURDAY NIGHT!

FREE SAUSAGE SIZZLE WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER THE 3 HOUR RACE ON SUNDAY.

RACE FORMAT: Super D – Two separate tracks will be set, approx 2km in length each. Riders will get themselves to the start of each course (i.e. No Shuttles!) and do a timed solo run down each track. The best combined time will be designated the winner. Practice will start at 10am, and riders can do as many practice runs as they wish. The race will start at 1pm

RACE FORMAT: Three hour enduro. You can do this as a solo, or in a team of two, relay style. (Note – To race solo, you must be 15 years or older.) Each lap is approx. 9 km in length – complete as many laps as you can within the time limit as long as you start your last lap before the time limit runs out. Note that you only have to complete one lap to be considered a finisher.

JUNIORS: To cater for younger riders, we will also be running a 1.5 hour race for riders 15 years and younger. This will start at the same time as the main event, and use the same track as the main event but will finish after 1.5 hours.

GRADES: Race in your normal club race grade for Solo. For teams of two, there will only the one grade, and one grade for Juniors.

PRE-REGISTRATION: If you think you will be there for the race, drop us an email to hmbaxc@gmail.com with your name, grade you want to race in, and your MTBA number and I will put you in the computer for the race. This makes it easier for us on race day, and also quicker for you. When you get there on Sunday, you can jump the queue, cross you name off the pre-registered list, pay your money and you are ready to go. If something changes and you can’t make it there on race day, then it’s not a problem.

VOLUNTEERS: If you can help out on the day with timekeeping, it would be most appreciated.

VISITORS: Anyone is welcome at any HMBA club event. This is a great track to introduce new people to mountain bike racing, including kids, so feel free to bring along new people.

COST: For anyone with an MTBA licence, the cost is $10 for adults, $5 for juniors for Saturday, and the same again for Sunday. For anyone without an MTBA licence, you will also need to purchase a day licence for $20 or sign up for a free trial membership.

FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP OFFER: If you want to experience the value of MTBA membership (without any commitment) then sign-up for an 8-week free membership trial today! The trial membership includes nearly all the premium features of a regular membership, including tailored 24/7 personal accident and public liability insurance, access to coach and commisaire education courses, member’s only deals, a fortnightly e-newsletter, and the ability to enter nearly all MTBA-sanctioned events around Australia.
Once you register, you will be sent an email with a link to your membership card, a list of local clubs near you, as well as all the useful information regarding the benefits of your new membership. To qualify for the free trial, you must be a new MTBA member, or a past member who hasn’t held membership in the last 3 years. Please note, you can only get this free offer once! Go to www.joinmtba.com

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
What's the climb for the super d, just up a fire road or something interesting?
One track has three different options for the climb up, fire road, or two single tracks up (if you don't have any mates to sledge on the way up).

The second track has two options, fire road or little bit of fire road then single track.

baron

Likes Bikes
Saturday was an awesome day. Those tracks have got some serious flow. On the first track I rode for ages without pedalling or braking. It was sweet, even though the results show I should have pedalled a bit more.
Dodging cows on a race run was a bit unusual though..
Thanks to the usual workers Tim, Landon, Colleen for a great day and it was well worth the trip. Hope the 3 hour today is just as good.

sclyde2

Likes Dirt
the 3hr was great. my first xc event this year, but still managed to have fun and not suffer too much. none of the climbs are too steep - though some of them go on for a while. that course probably has more switchbacks on it than any other that i've ridden. the descents are really well designed, as they are really flowy, and do a lot of traversing, to make them last longer. i am surprised that more people don't go to that event. i reckon there was barely 50 there. yeah it is a fair drive (esp when coming from sydney, like me), but i quite enjoy the very quiet country roads.

having done this year and last year, i reckon i'll be back for it again next year.

well done hmba.