hmba xc races

nayto

Likes Bikes
Forgive my hopeless searching on the HMBA (hunter mountain bike association:rolleyes:) website but i cant find the directions on how to get to where the club races are at?
Can anyone give me directions or an address so i search on google maps etc......Thanks

PS im coming from Singleton, so north of newcastle

QZ13

Likes Dirt
Remember HMBA will have races at Dungog, Paterson, Singleton and Awaba this year. I would like one at Kitchener too ;)

Awaba will hold the standard XCO format races and the other venues will see a 3 Hour Series with one race held at each

Keep an eye on the website for dates and details

Last edited:

nayto

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the quick replies. Is it best to just go via Cessnock, Freemans Waterhole then turn onto Mt Faulk rd....and its somewhere along that road?

Also where are they holding the races in Singo? The Maison deui track....

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Remember HMBA will have races at Dungog, Paterson, Singleton and Awaba this year. I would like one at Kitchener too ;)

Awaba will hold the standard XCO format races and the other venues will see a 3 Hour Series with one race held at each

Unreal. I'm keen for those other locations.

Don't like the abbreviations used in MTB. They really need to piss em off and make things clear.

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
What's not clear Mate?
For a sport that is attempting to grow you would think they would do more to make the race names make sense.

If somone has to ask what XCO, XCC or anything like that stands for, then the sport at the top level is not doing their job.

Abbreviations are fine for seasoned competitors. I reckon I could rock up to a MTB race and less than half the field would have any idea of the acronyms being used in the MTB world by the governing bodies and clubs.

I know what they mean now, because I kept seeing people using them on here so looked them up.

Anyway, I'm just excited about more Hunter racing action - any idea of the dates or when they'll be announced?

nayto

Likes Bikes
Im keen as for the races in alternate locations, especially Singleton because i live there and it'd be the first type of MTB race Singos ever had that i know of.... (in my life anyway).
BMX used to be big here but there hasnt been anything for 12-14yrs.
If whoever is helping organise it is on here and wants a hand setting up etc i'd be glad to help if im not working.

QZ13

Likes Dirt
Anyway, I'm just excited about more Hunter racing action - any idea of the dates or when they'll be announced?
I'm confident there will be a HMBA Social ride and 3 Hour Enduro at Paterson before the Kona24 which is in May. Dates for social rides and races at the other venues will be getting looked at in the near future

nayto, if you want to give us a hand, pm me and/or watch the club website for info

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
I'm confident there will be a HMBA Social ride and 3 Hour Enduro at Paterson before the Kona24 which is in May. Dates for social rides and races at the other venues will be getting looked at in the near future

nayto, if you want to give us a hand, pm me and/or watch the club website for info
Why do you have to be a member of MTBA? What are they providing? Seems like a good fundraiser for them. I've entered two other races this year and didn't have to be a member.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Why do you have to be a member of MTBA? What are they providing? Seems like a good fundraiser for them. I've entered two other races this year and didn't have to be a member.
Indemnity for the club, landowners and volunteers. It ensures we are covered so we can keep putting on cool events.

Bring on the enduro series.... and bring on the cooler weather too!

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Were the other events mountain bike club events?
Private operators.

If they can source insurance though - why should a club be restricted from doing so?

I don't know much about MTBA - they could do an amazing job and offer great value for money.

But in two other sports I was involved in, the governing bodies were nothing more than a fund raising organisation to sustain the jobs of the staff that worked there. Extremely poor service and some race directors realised they didn't need to be insured through them and just went it alone - the winner was the customer/racer.

QZ13

Likes Dirt
Possibly a debate you should be having with mtba, not the club?

All I know is without their 'approval' (ie insurance), the club can't run fully sick races for the members

gixer7

Likes Dirt
How much for a 1 day licence? It doesn't say on the website. Just says you will be prompted to buy one.
$15

If you plan on doing a lot of racing ie. more than 6 (or thereabouts) races in a year an MTBA membership makes sense.

A club is not restricted from getting their own insurance same as any private operator but when you think through the logistics and costs not to mention most club committee members are volunteers the MTBA option is logical.

Russ Baker, MTBA el presidente, is a member here on RB (RB handle = Le Matelot). I'm sure he be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Steven P

Likes Bikes
Day licences will be $20.

You might get lucky early on in the year and only get charged $15, but be prepared, they are suppose to be $20 this year.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Round 3 is fast approaching....

WE ARE OFF TO PATERSON!!!!!

The next club round will be on March 27th and will be our first race on the new track. It will be a 3 hour timed race but running the usual graded format.

For all the info and a map of how to get there: Check the post on HMBA