Home Brew

takai

Eats Squid
Brewed up a Hefeweizen yesterday, testing out the new temp controller:

Works well, just needs a heatsink on the SSR.

indica

Serial flasher
Sweet.
I made a Belgian Pale and a Vic Secret IPA 2 days ago - no chill, pitches Lallemand Abbaye and Pacific Ale today and bottled a Rye IPA.
Good times all round!.

I've been chucking some coffee beans in the top of my stouts for a while now. No real reason other than it makes for some interesting flavour beyond the stock kits. Funny thing is it can give me a bit of a headache as my body screams "Where is the caffeine hit!?"

:)

takai

Eats Squid
Managed to decant my Hefeweizen with the broken arms yesterday.... then carbonated it today, its really tasty and has come out with quite a bit of banana...

indica

Serial flasher
Drinking a 6.8% new world hoppy bitter saison after a 15 hour night shift.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donny70

Likes Dirt

Just bottled this Belgian strong golden ale cross American hop monster (simcoe, Amarillo, mosaic) Dry hopped. 7.5% 55ibu.

It was cold conditioned for a month to clear and has defied my average brewing skills to become something amazing.

Last edited:

takai

Eats Squid

donny70

Likes Dirt
Doing an Australia Day brew day, with these two little friends: http://gallery2.plebeians.net/d/36814-1/Green+Flash+West+Coast+IPA.pdf and http://gallery2.plebeians.net/d/36819-1/Double+Bastard+Clone.pdf

Double Bastard will have to be bottle conditioned for 2-6 months I think. Green Flash clone will be consumed in the meantime. I also got a brewing calendar for Christmas that Ill have to do some brews from. Well once i find where it has gone after the disruption of the hospital visit.
Look at you with your 75% brew house efficiency.

donny70

Likes Dirt
This year I was looking at getting a grainfather and some conicals. I had an idea to modify them with a cheap ass cooling system

indica

Serial flasher
Finished setting up the heatsink and ammeter for the brew setup:

"10A" heating element....
Beyond me...

Drinking

Hop2iT V.
62 IBU, 7.2%, 100g Vic Secret flameout + 100g Vic Secret dry hop.
Fuggin YUM!!!!

Picking up bulk buy soon. Have not brewed for a few weeks due to lack of grain.

takai

Eats Squid
Put down two brews today, was a pretty hectic one.

This is squeezing 9.9kg of grain into the urn for a 20L batch:

Starting gravity was 1.099...

Decided to grab a hop spider from Kegking to try and increase efficiency. Not sure if it did that, but there was certainly a TON more trub.

Last edited: