Homebush MTB track

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Just wanted to say thanks to whomever is fixing up the track at Homebush, if they're on this forum anyway....
If you are, and want help, lemme know as husband and I only live like 5 mins away. :yo:

+1 to this! :thumb:
Im a regular at the track and was amazed to see how quickly it was fixed before I had a chance to do it myself

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Hey man, just saw your post saying you ride there a bit. I ride a grey dmr, and the Mr is a purple eastern so maybe we'll see you some time.
We were going out there tomorrow, don't know if any of the ruts have been fixed up since last weeks rain, but we were going to take a shovel anyway. Some of them were pretty bad =/

Ah yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen you guys there
I'm hoping to be there tomorrow if the parts for the jump bike show up in time

ChopSticks

Banned
this 'Homebush MTB track' you speak of is just the monster track right?

or is there some secret underground track i dont know of :D

CN001

Squid
I've heard that the BMX track is closed this week and next week for track changes. Does anyone know if the MTB track will be open or will that be closed as well?

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've heard that the BMX track is closed this week and next week for track changes. Does anyone know if the MTB track will be open or will that be closed as well?
Only the bmx track. no one races 4x anymore, no point in fixing the track up again...

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Just because people don't race there, doesn't mean it doesn't get used/abused and isn't in need of repair. There's mobs of people (read kids, but whatever) who ride there every weekend. There's a bunch of us to ride there all the time during the week too. The big rain before last weekend, there was tire tracks in the mud as deep as my finger all the way down the track and one scooter (we think, or a roadie or a keen kid with a stick) track all the way down too.

edit: There's not actually any signage at the track that it'll be closed at all. Not that unusual, the bmx folks never have things posted there-they sure bitch at people for not knowing things tho.
The mtb side is the worst i've ever seen it, been going there for like 3 years now. Some of the ruts are as wide as my hand is long. I've emailed Syd Olympic Park about it, hopefully they'll do something. Who cares if it's not racing, we have fun riding there and isn't that the point of riding bikes ??

Last edited:

CN001

Squid
I'm thinking over heading over the the MTB track tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if its dry now after all the rain we had?

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
It should be dry. I was there last wednesday and it was dry. But it was completely torn up by people riding in the wet.
The Olympic Park said they would be doing repairs in the near future, but who knows when that could be.

romy

Likes Dirt
Was here the other weekend, needs some attention, BMX track is under repair and closed.

camzh

Likes Dirt
It's with the BMX track.
More of a 4X track than a regular MTB track.

It's off Hill Rd at Carpark 5.

EDIT:

An update on the tracks supposed work.
The BMX track has had a new straight built and this has been completed.

SOP dont really know what the 4X/MTB track is.
I've called them today, to follow up an unanswered email, to see if they are going to resurface the track.

Apparently they have requested a quote from a contractor.
Once they have the quote they will have to see if it falls within their budget.
And then it'll either happen or it wont.

I'm told they'll email me and let me know either way.

Last edited:

camzh

Likes Dirt
So its been a long time coming but the track has finally been resurfaced.

However the surface is now a thick layer of loose pea gravel. (pretty much unrideable)
Seeing as most of the heavy earth works are done I'd like to get out to the track with a roller and compact the surface.

If anyone else is interested in helping please let me know.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Bmx races are held there on some weekends.
With plenty of people doing causal laps on Sundays (including me)
BMX races are held on the BMX track....really quite different to the MTB track.
Casual laps are done there every day, which is why the track is in shitty condition.
there's always the fuckheads who drive cars across the start ramp of the MTB side, good values to teach kids about respect...