Homelessness

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I spend a ton of time using the walkways and local trails around my area whether it's riding, running or walking the dog. I know the common spots that some deadshits hang out and make arseholes of themselves and I know the spots that homeless people hang out. I'm okay with going through some areas on a bike as it's a quick lap past them and I'm off in the other direction. On foot? Nah, I skip these areas.
Of late, I've noticed an increase in homeless people camping in fairly commonly used areas and seemingly not giving a shit. One area is in a bushland reserve that adjoins the small river that is tidal and runs out to see. A couple has occupied a a park bench next to the river for some months now and have an almighty fire raging of a night with a tent set up pretty close by and badly hidden. The trees around their camp have been raped of any branch within reach and the area stinks and is covered in their rubbish. In the early stages of them arriving, I was on a run and ran past them thinking it was pretty ordinary of them to set up where they had. About ten minutes up the track I cam across two late teenage girls who had run past them and did not want to go back that way as the bloke had yelled something to them and alarmed them. I told them to run back with me (to paint the picture, they were bloody gorgeous!) and I'd make sure they got away without a care. Sure enough, the bush was getting a little darker and the fire this guy had lit was raging. I couldn't see him for the flame but he was there yelling out again as we came past.
I'm not usually one to make anything of someone's misfortune or judge anyone by the choices they make but this pair are a menace and are frightening people on a stretch of rate payer funded trail. I've tried searching some topics but have come up empty as to what the laws and rules may b on homeless people as it is more a sympathetic approach instead of pointing out that in many instances they are drunk bums leaving their rubbish around and creating a bad vibe.
Any advice? I've thought about going troppo at them and telling them to fuck off somewhere else but I reckon I'd wear some bong water for my trouble. I'd speak to the local Council but they are as useful as a handbrake on a canoe and they play a part in the problem by leaving plastic containers of food on the Council steps each night! I guess my only option is to call the Police and point out that they are pretty unsightly people and are creating a problem for users of the area? Any advice or sites that I should look into?

willsy01

Eats Squid
Call the 5-0. If they were just minding their own business you'd just let them do their thing.......they're not doing that though. The cops would probably like to know that there are people threatening passers by.

This is on/around Coffs Creek i'm assuming?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Is there a charity or homeless shelter in the area? Maybe ask them for advice
Not as far as I can find, seems like it's all being kept on the low down.

I rang the Police and told them what I'd come across and he said to go down there and ring the Police while I'm there to lodge the report................isn't that what I'm doing just now dickhead? Thanks for being proactive and following up on it, lets wait until they either burn the bush to the ground or rape some young bird running past, just to be sure they are worth investigating.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This is on/around Coffs Creek i'm assuming?
It is, on the northern side near the industrial area.
I just spoke to a guy I know who does group runs around there and he has had the same guy throw stuff at them before 7am and tell them to bugger off. They now avoid the area.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
To make a generalisation about something impossible to generalise…Homelessness in Australia is a very tricky issue to look at. There is a high incidence of mental illness among the homeless, and often this leads to the alcohol/drug abuse our cliché imposes upon them. People experiencing mental illness like bi-polar, depression, anxiety, or schizophrenia find life in mainstream society hard enough when they are being treated. To live untreated must be nearly impossible.

But if they are being a public nuisance and terrorising people, the police should step in. they have the authority to round up the problems and the systems in place to facilitate these people getting access to help. They can’t force them to take the help, but they can do their job. Lay cops shit me.

If you want to get all vigilante on these hobos (love that word!) nothing better than a half dozen savage dogs. Dozer, you could borrow your neighbours beast!

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Police.

Then write a letter to the local rag. Local papers have 2 uses, and stirring up local pollies and police into action is one of them.

If you leave them be, all that happens is the community cracks the shits, and other homeless people cop shit as well.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If you leave them be, all that happens is the community cracks the shits, and other homeless people cop shit as well.
That's one thing I have in mind. I haven't had any drams or heard of any dramas from the other camps around the traps, it's just this couple.
I think I'll wander in there tonight and if they are there I'll ring the rossers. I know it'll only shift the problem to another part of town but fuck 'em, they are having an effect on what should be a very safe community area that attracts high traffic.

AussieBen

Likes Bikes
That's one thing I have in mind. I haven't had any drams or heard of any dramas from the other camps around the traps, it's just this couple.
I think I'll wander in there tonight and if they are there I'll ring the rossers. I know it'll only shift the problem to another part of town but fuck 'em, they are having an effect on what should be a very safe community area that attracts high traffic.
Got a Go Pro and a full face helmet? Jeez, even throw a bike in the mix...the possibilities are endless, let your imagination run wild.

Last edited:

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Being homeless would fucking suck. I don't know where your from but there are probably community groups/people who care that may be able to do something. Sounds like they could be candidates for the soylent green army.

You could also dress up as big foot and try and get rid of them that way.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Being homeless would fucking suck. I don't know where your from but there are probably community groups/people who care that may be able to do something. Sounds like they could be candidates for the soylent green army.

You could also dress up as big foot and try and get rid of them that way.

Best iidea ever. I'm doing it and will film it.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
We need to quickscope the problem of homelessness.

I didn't read too much of the post coz too much wall'o text but yeah it's becomming a more common issue, and it'll only just get worse with Tone Abett trying to Quickscope/360 no scope Australia into oblivion.

Bermshot

Banned
We need to quickscope the problem of homelessness.

I didn't read too much of the post coz too much wall'o text but yeah it's becomming a more common issue, and it'll only just get worse with Tone Abett trying to Quickscope/360 no scope Australia into oblivion.
The A bot, pffff

There is only one group that needs "quick-scoping" and the sooner the better. All of woes will disapear.

A couple of Snake Plisskin's will get the job done, and it's gonna be mean!
image.jpg

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just call the CFA and tell them a couple of dero's are having fires in the bushland and you are worried they're going to burn the place down.
They'll get scared out pretty quickly by the firetrucks!