Homemade energy gel!

Lorday

Eats Squid
Long story cut short, I decided to make an energy gel.
Add icing sugar, sugar, water, oil, vanilla essence, bournville coco, bi-carb soda and flour.

Ohh yeah and a whole packet/sache of gelatine....

....still to watery.....freezer

*7 minutes and 24 seconds later*

Time to taste....I don't remember the next half hour..

NOTE: Measurements of ingedients have been left out as the potentecy is high. Possible drug has been discovered.
Anyway has anyone else tried to make energy gels before...blah blah blah...add the reciepe.

Cheers,
Lorday

Lorday

Eats Squid
Nah joking about that part, but it was rank, Taste like drinking vanilla essence with something else a little special (I think I put too much vanilla essence in).

Anyway Martin asked in a pm:
Martins said:
due..what was the make up of that gel?
It was like an energy gel in consistency (sp?), so I succeded in that area.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
an energy gel with two different compounds of sugar; careful the cops don't knock on your door in the next few days

64ponty

Likes Bikes
try barley malt sugar and molassess - this gives you the kick and also a sustained low GI energy release. This is an aquired taste as the molassess is very strong. Both items are available at your local health food store.

Alternatively google homemade energy gel - you'll get hundreds of recipes. From there it's trial and error to find one that you can stomach

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Bit of track, but i once set out to create the ultimate breed of thickshake. The result was a broken old milkshake maker, dad went insane. It physically did not turn. It was so thick with crushed mars bars and ice cream, it did not turn. It was so insane, after about an hour of smashing the machine, and eventually stirring it with a spoon for a good hour to the right consistency, i created the most sweet, overwhelming taste in the world. It was so strong, i could not drink 1 cup in an hour, well worth it though. didn't sit still for hours.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Personally, i prefer the Berocca Thickshake. Crush a Berocca tablet and pour it into a bottle of V. Make sure it's a bottle so you can get the lid on before it overflows. Let it settle for a bit and enjoy the dialed goodness. :)

Melt some butter in a fark load of icing sugar in the microwave. Mix in untill sugar forms paste then add cocoa powder. Its yum add tiny weeeny bit of vanilla if you want.

paggnr

Likes Dirt
Homemade GU Recipe

Ingredients per Gel

1. 20g of Maltodextrin/Fructose mix (3:1)
2. 5g of Endura
3. 1 drop of Vanilla essence
4. 15ml hot water/Red cordial