homemede camelbacks

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
today there was a plastic inside of a wine cask and i was like awsome lets pop it! so i went outside and spent ages trying to pop this thing eventually a hockey stick blew out the tap. i decided that i could use it as a bladder for a homemade camelback so i got a piece of pipe that fitted in the tap, then took out this little black rong of plastic that acts as a seal to keep the fluid from dripping out, put the bit of pipe in, put the bladder in the small front pocket of a bag (filled with water) tip- if you dont want to have to hit the thing with a hockey stick every time you want to refill it dont put the tap the whole way back in it doesnt drip water and you can get it out much easier!

Rik

logged out
Or you could go out and buy a proper pack with decent bladder and valve for $60 or less.
Nothing wrong with a bit of DIY, but when you're dealing with something that could end up very frustrating, it's always better to spend the money.

Rik

logged out
Oh shit, sorry chewy! I deleted your first of double posts, and then you must've deleted your 2nd... :oops:

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i dont have 60 bucks! im 13 so i improvised cos im sick of not been able to have a drink on big hills.
wots the nipple im not really up to date with all the bits of a camelback as ive never even had a really good look at them just quick ones!

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh and its got a decent bladder i couldnt burst it with jumping on it, hitting it with a cricket bat and hitting it with a hockey stick

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Wine cask bladders have been used for bushwalkers for carrying water to their campsites for ages.

Improvisation is good, I can also say I've been soaked twice by malfunctioning commercial hydro packs..... not fun when you are skiing and it is below zero :(

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you just suck and the water comes and then you either leet a little bit dribble on you or blow it back into the bladder