Hope HB160 now on sale

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I'm ok with it in that the hub matches that frame, nothing else.

This is not the first time a frame/hub match is mandatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
A reverb dropper though. How does Hope, who make bullet proof goods, not appreciate the reverb isn't super reliable?

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Looks like a great bike.

Upon reading about the rear hub... my first thought was '130mm... what?!' - then I kept reading.
I can appreciate what they've done *because* it's a whole package. It's not a new standard being thrown out into the wild for everybody.

Their reasoning is interesting, too. I like it.

My only gripes with the bike are...
A) Single frame/decal colour only. It'd be nice if they at least allowed decals to match the colour of the Hope build kit components if the buyer wanted it.

and...

B) I can't afford it. :smow:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's a beautiful bike, really something I'd love to own but nah, it ain't worth that money to me. Hopefully more production of may mean it'll come down in price but nah, it's bloody dear.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really love what they've done with the hub setup. Kudos. And the bike in general looks like it's keen for gettin down and partying!

Will be interesting to see how well it's received and how many sell

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
So sweet. If I had the cashola I'd grab one, but it would be nice to have some suspension options, a LEV and Eagle or XTR Di2 for the money. Then again anyone who has the bucks to buy one is hardly going to quibble about upgraditis.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I really love what they've done with the hub setup. Kudos. And the bike in general looks like it's keen for gettin down and partying!

Will be interesting to see how well it's received and how many sell
I would say they will sell the 500 (/annum) they are making quite easily. It'll never be a common sight!

lost it

Likes Bikes
Just looked at the geometry charts! My medium has more reach than there XL. Interesting review on dirt mag, they're usually a lot more positive for bikes/parts made in the U.K.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Saw one at the EWS in Tassie beautiful looking bike in the flesh.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
Beautiful bike and somewhat of a collectors item. Don't think I could ever ride it though through fear of damaging it!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
If I had the cash I'd be on one in a heartbeat. I love hope and the way they do things.

moorey

call me Mia
I really wanted to love this. I'm an unabashed hope fanboy....but don't love it like I thought I would.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I really wanted to love this. I'm an unabashed hope fanboy....but don't love it like I thought I would.
Is it a 650B wheel bike?

I would probably buy one, but only if I had the big house and a few cars, and a weekender, and really CBF buying a 2nd Ferrari :whistle:

safreek

Durn tootin, don't look all.that flash to me. Guess it would cost 15 grand or so in Aussie. Repeat after me "I will not.be brainwashed by flash names". Say it three times and the bike might turn.into a pumpkin, at least in your mind