Hope Pro2 hubs: Pawl Springs?

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Quick question:

I just got some replacement pawl springs and they are about half the width of the original springs. Am I meant to install two per pawl or just the one?

My gut says two per pawl - cos they fit and I think that maybe Hope has done this intentionally so that pawls will still engage even if one spring fails.

Anyone know the correct answer?

moorey

call me Mia
Quick question:

I just got some replacement pawl springs and they are about half the width of the original springs. Am I meant to install two per pawl or just the one?

My gut says two per pawl - cos they fit and I think that maybe Hope has done this intentionally so that pawls will still engage even if one spring fails.

Anyone know the correct answer?
I just had mine out (no cock jokes please). There is only one in each of the 4 in mine. I haven't pulled apart my Pro 2 Evo's yet, are you sure they aren't 2 spring and you got the wrong ones? (just a thought, with nothing to back that up)

ChopSticks

Banned
Can confirm there's only one per pawl in my Evo II's

I try to centre the springs when doing a service.....the grease should hold it in place

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Okay, thanks guys. I've emailed Hope too, so will post their response when I hear back from them.

Cheers:peace:

moorey

call me Mia
Okay, thanks guys. I've emailed Hope too, so will post their response when I hear back from them.

Cheers:peace:
Hope UK (Johnny)= Brilliant
Aussie Hope distributor= Not so much.

Hopefully (pardon the pun), they don't have to hand you back to the aussie distributor.

T-Rex

Template denier
I just got a new pawl and spring kit for one of our Pro 2 equipped wheels, and also noted the narrower than original springs. However, there were only four springs in the kit, and they seem to work just fine.

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Just got an email back from Hope:

Hopetech said:
Hello Dan
Thank you for your email. We made the springs more shallow to reduce the amount of drag in the freewheel, it’s just one per pawl.
Kind regards
Johnny

moorey

call me Mia
Johnny at hope is a good man. I like the cut of his jib, even though he couldn't help me with my cassette barrel....

ChopSticks

Banned
I just got a new pawl and spring kit for one of our Pro 2 equipped wheels, and also noted the narrower than original springs. However, there were only four springs in the kit, and they seem to work just fine.
slight dig....

T-rex... or anyone else. Do you have 2x spare pawls you can sell me?

T-Rex

Template denier
Should do, I brought a new set because I lost one out of the original set. I'll have a dig around tonight.