Hope Tech Rims/wheels

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Just looking around at new wheels and was wondering if anyone has used or knows anyone on the new Hope Rims?

Seems like EVERYONE is on hope/stans builds these days and I want to try something different

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Just looking around at new wheels and was wondering if anyone has used or knows anyone on the new Hope Rims?

Seems like EVERYONE is on hope/stans builds these days and I want to try something different
I bought some for my 29er build... I got the XC rims.
Can vouch for durability (havnt got my frame yet) but they are relatively light, seem well built and set up tubless with ease.
I mounted (very easily) a set of Maxxis Ikons......

Warp

Likes Dirt
Haha. I wont be doing any elite XC races on my rigid Mr Ackland.
Just wondering on build quality vs price
Ducky... They're pretty competitive wheels for the price. Yeah, you can find cheaper/lighter/better but these are a very nice package.

Hubs are quality stuff, pretty durable, good engagement and light. They can take just about any axle configuration/driver available at the moment, save for the really odd ones.

Build quality... Nice too. However, my wheels needed re-tensioning after installing (tubed) tyres on them. Also, I had a problem with a defective freehub where the threads were not properly cut and the lockring was coming loose. An e-mail to Hope and they are sending a replacement freehub free of charge. Mind you, comes from England by post so it will take some time.

So, like everything, they are not perfect but I would buy a second set again. Actually, this is my 2nd set of Hope hubs. I still prefer Hadleys, but the Hopes beat them for price and weight.

Rims... Stans Arch EX. Easily set up tubeless with yellow Stan's tape and they have inflated easily with a floor pump Schwalbes, Maxxis and Bontrager tyres, all of them TLR.

Bottom line... Good quality, good value but you may need to visit your LBS for a wheel re-tune after installing tyres (or do it yourself if you are so inclined).

Ackland

chats d'élevage
They would be Hope Hoops Warp...

Ducky is after info on the in house Hope rims.

Hubs will outlast you
Rims will be solid and stiff thanks to the eylets. Should be able to get some good tension on there.
Hope claim to hand finish each set but you may want to allow for someone local to give them the once over.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
As Mr Ackland said I am after more info on the hope rims (OP probably could've been better written).

I have a flow ex rim on the front atm so I know they're good. Just EVERYONE has them