Hottest 100 2009/10 - who'd you vote for?

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
my god yours is so similar to mine

Animal Collective - My Girls
Animal Collective - What Would I Want? Sky
Atlas Sound - Walkabout (Ft. Panda Bear)
Big Pink, The - Velvet
Flaming Lips - Silver Trembling Hands
Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
Horrors, The - Who Can Say
Neon Indian - Deadbeat Summer
Washed Out - Feel It All Around
XX, The - Crystalised

Animal collective should take it. i think i put 'What Would i Want? Sky' as my best of 2009. That or Big Pink

Last edited:

Hardrock_rider_23

Likes Dirt
Last year there was a fair amount of Aussie Hip-Hop in the top 20, something tells me not so much this time around. gauging on the votes you guys have put in seems to be more dance/electronic based

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
What the f*ck is wrong with all you people voting for Art vs Science!? Parlez vous Français is the WORST song in the world, period. It's an abomination.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cast my vote by changing stations. I wish there was a -1 vote for the system.

Fridge-Seal

Likes Bikes
Well I just went through then entire list of this years hottest 100, very dissapointing if I say so myself!
Here are the only ones that I felt were any good

Number 6: Bulletproof by La Roux
Number 9: Uprising by Muse
Number 14: Sticks 'N' Stones by Jamie T
Number 19: Undisclosed Desires by Muse
Number 54: Crying Lighting by the Arctic Monkeys
Number 55: No You Girls by Franz Ferdinand
Number 84: United States of Eurasia by Muse
I don't know if this is the song I heard, byt the Middle East song- The Darkest side (87th) is also quite good.
Number 94: Blue Lips by Regina Spektor
not quite so keen on the other Regina Spektor song they had though...

anyways, that's just my thoughts...

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
look, i'm just gonna puti it out ther, i hAE sarah blasko and lisa itchell, freaking breathy voiced whining bitchez. ruiomg my vountdown tht at la roux . who the hell names their kid la roux...as far as im concerned, the onyl eple allowed to name their kid a two sylable workd is the parents of james bond. he;s so badass, if la roux vame in his hottest 100, he;d just blasther away with his...

<googles james bonds gun>

WALTER PPK cos james boy so who cares? i spend does whateer te hell he wants. i mean y josdeoh who the helm wannts music thats justw whingin about sutff. thats why i loved art vs science, im no little lion man but i took my shirt off anyway cos i kinda do soek french, cos i can and i know i should ohh i ddi thit then becos i can and i know i should. w mn gonna be so burnt tmor but its auistrlia dat so who cares. anyway im starting to laugh at my own jokes and get kinda tir4ed so im gonna slepp. niht all. (its before 12am so another haooy australia day to all [now lets go bash ethnics])

S.

ex offender
look, i'm just gonna puti it out ther, i hAE sarah blasko and lisa itchell, freaking breathy voiced whining bitchez. ruiomg my vountdown tht at la roux . who the hell names their kid la roux...as far as im concerned, the onyl eple allowed to name their kid a two sylable workd is the parents of james bond. he;s so badass, if la roux vame in his hottest 100, he;d just blasther away with his...

<googles james bonds gun>

WALTER PPK cos james boy so who cares? i spend does whateer te hell he wants. i mean y josdeoh who the helm wannts music thats justw whingin about sutff. thats why i loved art vs science, im no little lion man but i took my shirt off anyway cos i kinda do soek french, cos i can and i know i should ohh i ddi thit then becos i can and i know i should. w mn gonna be so burnt tmor but its auistrlia dat so who cares. anyway im starting to laugh at my own jokes and get kinda tir4ed so im gonna slepp. niht all. (its before 12am so another haooy australia day to all [now lets go bash ethnics])
Quoted just so you can't edit it when you sober up. hahahah.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What the f*ck is wrong with all you people voting for Art vs Science!? Parlez vous Français is the WORST song in the world, period. It's an abomination.
Beats the hell out of listening to all the whining drowning cats that the righteous folk choose to vote for. The amount of women singing in made up voices was appalling! At least Art vs Science music doesn't put you to sleep.
Yesterday was a prime example that the majority of people that vote are the ones that flick between radio stations. If everyone that listens to Triple J (and considers themselves a Triple J only listener) bothered to vote it'd be a different story and the countdown would be made up a little differently. 1 million voters? That's fuck all. The band wagon ran rampant yesterday.
To the dude who leaked the number one info eariler this month: You suck balls and deserve a pay cut. Clean up your act!:p

Art vs Science - Friend in the Field
Dead Letter Circus - The Space on the Wall
Hilltop Hoods - Fifty in Five
Horrorshow - Thoughtcrime (Doin' My Think)
Illy - Pictures
Karnivool - Set Fire to the Hive
Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Phrase - Spaceship
Seth Sentry - The Waitress Song
Urthboy - Hellsong

im pretty happy with this years 100.
Triple J has succeeded once again :)
im fairly surprised that Mumford & Sons got No.1 though, but im still pretty happy with the result :D