how anoying are council's!!! i hate them!

wombat

Lives in a hole
What really helps is getting somebody with some weight on side (and no, I don't mean the local fat bastard). I know that in our area, we have a police officer in the position of youth relations or something like that, and each year he has to do a major youth project, 01 he built a BMX track and started a club which is now thriving, 02 he got behind the skaters and finally got our skatepark put in, this year he's doing a DJ park, should be sweet. The fact that he's a top class BMXer probably helps. Ask around, see if you have somebody like this you can get to help out, it'll make a big difference.

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
cool jump ty
yeah its interesting the new jumps the coucil is building are massive x-games style bmx dirt jumps, no way would they be rollable. It seems they provide alot for the BMXers of geeling but not the many mountain bikers, which are going my the day

Ryan

Radministrator
Yeah, the limits BCC puts on the jumps are quite reasonable in my opinion, Roadie Rob actually had a bit to do with the building / maintenance of the ones in the first picture, so maybe he can tell us a bit about what goes into getting them built.

fastrider gus

super huck
i've got a new drop/big gap place that nobody can tell ANYONE about.. fastrider ben knows where it is but i dont want all those little kids comin there.. we have to keep it VERY hush hush...
devo (where those jumps were) is a park for dog walkers and sh!t so im not gonna have anything to do with makin jumps there again.. a waste of time and effort as they will just get smashed down again...

DOM

Eats Squid
If youve got a place and dont want anyone knowing about it why did ya tell us ya had it ?

benny boy

Likes Bikes
ive built about 10 tabletops in the last month (about 1 metre high) and the council rips em down a few days later! does any1 no of any jumps in the inner city

debt

Likes Dirt
i F***in hate the council. They dont support our mountain biking in any way let alone any riding. we built all these sick tracks up in warrandyte and the local council people covered them in logs and sticks. They destroyed the only dirt jumps we had, and complained about people riding alongside of the yarra river because we were disturbing walkers. I hate the council.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
u can roll over the jump without ur wheels leaving the ground, kinda defeats the purpose of a JUMP

belly_up

Likes Dirt
But it means that little kids can ride over without killing themselves by doing a 9ft drop off the back of a takeoff ramp. It's also nice for people like me who aren't so little, but suck at jumping.
You seem to be forgetting guys that you're biulding shit on council land, without their permission. what do you expect them to do? They're just doing the same as anyone else would do if people started building shit on their property without permission.

You say that the councils don't help you out, or help cycling, but has any one actually approached them and asked? They don't have endless time and resources, so unless someone actually goes to them and asks them for assistance / land / whatever, they're not going to do it.

If enough people keep going to the council and asking for some land to use etc, then you might actually get it.