how big can you drop a 02 norco 4by4

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was wondering how far you could drop a 02 4by4. I can do about 5 ft to flat and it does that ok. The bike is stock standard and i want to do bigger drops with trannies but it's a short travel bike so I don't want to taco any wheels. Thanks :D

rad rob

Likes Dirt
check out one of the eposides from pinkbike season 1. the guy does a monster drop on a 4by. the drop was huuge. someone else will can probably remember more details

Ty

Eats Squid
this the offical how big can i drop on a bike formula

Weight of the rider in kilograms (80) / travel of the bike in inches (6) / (specific gravity (9.8 m/s/s) / the angle of the transition (45 degrees) CoSine) = height of drop possible (13.85) feet

(p.s i made this up, don't take it seriously, and if the numbers don't add up for you i blame it on the fact i haven't done any maths for 5 years)

TOSS3R

Likes Dirt
yeh i am in pure agreeance with gus..just do your 5 ft, then do your 6ft and if the bike still works, see how much further you guts will take you..its not like your gunna do a five footer and then think you can go and hit a 30 footer to steep just because you landed the five. progression is a fantastic thing. go will the flow.

ride4fun

Likes Dirt
i dont know which episode it was but the gap in drop in was done by mike kinrade. he didnt make the distance, cased the landing and was bucked over the hangers

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how high u say??? hmm (as fuzzy would say) tree fitty nar but serious i reckon 8-12 foot tranny seing a guy can do a 30 foot drop on a hardtail

Ryan

Radministrator
So because a guy can do a 30ft on a hardtail it means that a smaller drop is capable of being done on a dually? Makes sense, in Crazyworld.

Kreaky

Likes Dirt
i did a 8-9ft on a mongoose pro wing pro to 45 degree landing andi held up very well. the ting is this bike is a crosscontry

igothp

Likes Dirt
acrider said:
http://dropin.pinkbike.com/index.php?but_type=dlepis

I saw Norco drop that on "Drop In" too.

Not sure which episode, but I highly recommend downloading the entire series ASAP.
i will 2nd that, mad crazy and hell-a cool

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah i dowloaded some Dropin Episodes, Mike Kinrade does a huge stairgap as well in episode 2 on a 4by

Cruz

Likes Dirt
12,000 feet from the rear of a Hercules.

You will only do it once though.

Puts the freefall into freeride.

maka

Likes Bikes
episode 3

its dropin ep 3 its road gap with 10 feet of the ramp cut off .mass nose wheelie on the landing/ crash.