How do i take apart shimano alivio chainrings?

J1M80!

Likes Bikes
Hey i was wondering how i take apart the shimano alivio chainrings because the bolts just look like a pop rivet, like they are circle, any help?

screw loose

Likes Dirt
SLX is a great place to start for mid 300s, light, interchangable rings, look great otherwise, stay riveted with deore cranks for about 60.

banana.logic

Likes Bikes
SLX is a great place to start for mid 300s, light, interchangable rings, look great otherwise, stay riveted with deore cranks for about 60.
pretty sure SLX is under 150 from CRC at the moment.

Or you could pick up something second hand, there are always good deals to be had.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think deore have been rivited for a loooooong time ( if ever, i got my first set in 02).

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Actually, you can get non-riveted Alivio cranks however you'll still need to shell out for a BB. Deore spec has never been riveted.

What sort of riding are you doing?

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cranks

Hi, i have a road (5 bolt) crank with BB that may work for you.

I will pm you more details.....