How do I take my wheel off?

SomeBlondeDJ

Cannon Fodder
So today I got this used bike and do not know how to take the wheel off! It has a quick release on it but I think I am not using it correctly. I have owned mtbs previously but I can't seem to get this one off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Bike: Avanti Bomber

Attachments

cogs19

Likes Bikes
So today I got this used bike and do not know how to take the wheel off! It has a quick release on it but I think I am not using it correctly. I have owned mtbs previously but I can't seem to get this one off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Bike: Avanti Bomber
Saw this elsewhere, it might help...

"Ok basically 20MM: its a hollow bar that runs through the hub, and bottom of the forks, and is secured by bolts on the forks, and at the end of the Axle. They are all undone by allen keys. I think its a 6, it might be an 8 for the Axle. You unscrew it as you did the bolts on the forks, but undo it all the way, its like unscrewing a bottlelid off a bottle. It should come off relatively easily, but with quite a bit of unscrewing. This is at one end of the axle, the other is still in the forks/hub, with the allen key in the unscrewing hole wiggle it a bit until you can pull the whole 20MM Axle off. It looks like a empty toilet roll tube.

Hope that helps"

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=44189

MarioM

Likes Dirt
PM the poodle . Bombers are primarily dirt jump forks and he is the king when it comes to all things dirt jumpers . Looks like 20mm axle , not sure if they unscrew like a 15 mm axle ? Suggest to move your thread to the parts and stuff thread .

Looks like the axle is also held in place via pinch bolts. Will probably be a 5mm allen head in there which you need to undo.