How do you 180 Properly???

GUGIE

Likes Bikes
Hey i was just wondering how to do a a full 180 because when ever i try to do the 180 i end up doing a 90 and i was just wondering how do you get the full turn eny help would be great.thx gugie??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bike 178

Likes Bikes
ohk, well when i tried doing this at the start i always did a 90 and yer wasn't beening serious and one day i wanted to learn, so i tried it on a bank and when i did that i tried flat. You probly have heard this abit, but curve abit and hop and turn and try and look at your back. I found if you try and look at your back its easier.
hope this helps

Sleidar

Squid
There's probably some tutorials on the net somewhere that will explain it a bit.

I found out that there were two ways to 180 on a bmx. Either do a normal bunnyhop, ie, lift front wheel, do a bunny hop then spin in midair. Or to 'lift' the bike and spin at the same time. Either way works. If you can't do the full 180 then keep at it. When you get older and stronger it will come more easily. Focussing on bunny hopping first and once you have that down the 180 spin will then come...

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
turning has nothing to do with it really i found. if you look to your right (or whatever way you spin) your bike will naturally follow you in that direction, thus making you spin...

tombmxer95

Likes Bikes
For starters you need to be able to bunny hop...a bit. Carve, carve, carve. This is when you turn sharply just before you bunny hop. This help you to
1. Complete the spin
2. Get momentum to spin

Look at your back hub. Some guy told me to do this when i kept stacking 360's at the skatepark. Whilst your bunny hopping after you carve, you should follow through by looking at your back hub.

If all else fales...Youtube it! :D

pryaz

Likes Dirt
I got flyout 180s first so I knew what to do on flat.
pretty much look where you want to spin and COMMIT.

timmah

Likes Bikes
its easy enough. just look left or whichever way you spin, just as you life the front end up to bunny hop and then keep looking left until you see your landing. well thats the way i do it anyways

jack rides bikes

Likes Bikes
Turn your head one way and the hips the other way, and EXPLODE. I can do a 180 and right now I'm happy with that much....it takes a lot more energy to commit to a 360. I've gotten lazy and just prefer to huck off of stuff now. :eek:)

Practice on flat ground for awhile, then off of a curb, balance beam, or a very short ledge/wall. That way if you catch your bike on it you won't have as far to fall to your impending death. LOL. Good idea, though. Once you have it nailed, then you can do higher stuff with more skill and safety.

Check out this guy's instructional videos on youtube....hands down the best I've seen. He's a trials rider, but most of the tricks he shows will apply directly to any bike. I think his instructionals start on page 4....scroll on through and take a look at all of 'em!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?us...

reppin'

Likes Dirt
Keep looking at your back hub and it is so much easier. Start on a little quarters and gradually keep going bigger

contagious

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You should try learn to do the bunnyhop type 180 as someone explained on the other page. This will let you get more height and in the long run will be more beneficial for your 180 pop skilzz.

del

Likes Dirt
You should try learn to do the bunnyhop type 180 as someone explained on the other page. This will let you get more height and in the long run will be more beneficial for your 180 pop skilzz.
Yeah true that ^

Quick flicking the bike around can look sweet for fast sliders and half cabs over small obstacles, but being able to hop and turn when you are up there helps for being able to hop over and onto things as well as landing more stable. I learnt to quick flick them, and within a week could get the hop/tucked ones, though not great. I can do both now, and they both come in handy at different times.

Leevers

Likes Dirt
180 heyyy, thats the first trick i ever learnt on a bmx :p

I started with buidling up momentum by swirving then spinning.. but thats not the right way. Like everyone else said, spin your head and look down at your shoulder. Same when learning 360's.

Which ever way your heady turns, your body will naturaly follow it. Just like syncronized swimmers dives. They all turn there head to which way they wanna spin

Good luck dude :)