How do you do FLAT flatty's

trenta23

Likes Dirt
i have been trying to do flattys for ages and am getting closer and closer but i cant quite get them really flat

any tips

i jump with my left foot forward

cheers

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you are getting closer and closer, i reckon soon enough you'll get there. practice makes perfect.

naz

Criminally Inane
practise practise practise i had the same prob wit x-ups it slowl got closer and closer then one day it was 180 around

S.

ex offender
Here's how ya practise it without getting hurt:

1. Lie on your back on the ground somewhere
2. Hold your bike above you as though you're riding upside down
3. Practise getting the motion right with the bike until you can do it quickly, consistently.

This way, ya can't get hurt, and according to Sideways/Endless from GM, "muscle memory transfers it straight to the jumps".

Loki

Likes Bikes
scotty beefs said:
just dont use this technique to practise doing nothings... :wink: :lol:
Mmmm, now while you do a no-footer and hold the handle-bars up, that seat would be getting some mighty leverage towards your nuts :)

Only tip I can give you is keep your knees together, having them bowed while doing a flatty not only looks stupid, but it also doesnt allow you to get the full motion.

Try jumping off something (say a flight of stairs) without your bike and kicking your legs to the sides (only let your knees pivot)

I know you all used to do it as kids off little ledges and stuff!
Think Toyota ads 'Oh what a feeling! *jump in air* '

Keep your knees together and try it, its basically the same thing in the air, if you ride BMX, since your left footed, your left knee should be sitting against (or reaching over) the toptube.

I imagine its mostly the same on a MTB.
Your upper body you should be able to figure out/it will automatically go where it needs to go to let your legs get into such a position.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
This way, ya can't get hurt, and according to Sideways/Endless from GM, "muscle memory transfers it straight to the jumps".
Thats some pretty technical info right there :)

G

scotty beefs said:
ouch :cry:
with nothings you just let go until you get the feeling of it tho so the upside down thing isnt necessary but with the flats its a tops idea

trenta23

Likes Dirt
so if i jump with my left foot forward and my right foot back which way should i lay it flat...

is their a specific way

i am tying to do it to my left

is this right

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
Fuzzy said:
scotty beefs said:
ouch :cry:
with nothings you just let go until you get the feeling of it tho so the upside down thing isnt necessary but with the flats its a tops idea
thanks for that fuzzy...

fastrider gus

super huck
trenta23 said:
so if i jump with my left foot forward and my right foot back which way should i lay it flat...

is their a specific way

i am tying to do it to my left

is this right
you should naturally do it to the left then. use your back foot to push the bike up and under you.. it comes with time..